judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
We set up differently, Gordon is now Richie and we signed maups

Patterson, Dwight and gray will all offer chances from the right

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not injury prone . Until last year he played 36,34,35,32 games and us back soon

McNeil only just got here

So yes, it was all panic driven, uneducated waffle

He’s basically picked every Neg he could think of and ignored every positive

Must have missed those chances they have offered this season up to now mate.

Don’t think Maupay is all of a sudden going to become a striker who will get onto the end of everything that is played into him mate. Cool like.
You’re looking for reasons to say we are crap, I’m giving reasons as to why we have made positive changes. There’s a lot like you on here, digging deep for the (potential)negatives.

Over half a billion pound spent, we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season and we’re one of the favourites to go down this season. :(
Focus on the positives Goddammit. @Noisy noise annoys says we all must do that no matter how few points we get, how few goals we score, how many goals we concede or how low in the table we sink. Objective evidence is for fools, blind optimism and hopeful declarations will take us to the promised land you heretic.

Or something like that, he's been doing it longer than me. I dunno.

I can imagine you lit had we signed firminio, salah and mane “ theyre all wingers, how incompetent is this club“. if yhr opposition dont score, we only need to score 1 goal. We have been scoring remember, its just that we have been conceding more. i think having Gana protecting the defence will cut a lot of those goals against and that will start to generate the 3 points we are after

The defenders and midfielders signed are good but we really struggled to get anything going in attack at times without Richarlison and needed additional quality brought in, especially if he was to be replaced.

McNeill and Maupay makes us weaker up top than we were with Richarlison. Maupay isn't going to be playing up top with Dom and McNeill looks exactly like he's carried his form from last season into this one

Strengthened two areas and weakened one for me. Two steps forward one step back. The Everton way.
That still represents 1 step forward which I'll take for now.

If we get DCL fit, and Gordon keeps improving and Maupay settles in, then the forward line could be better than most of last season when we just relied on Richy.

Another decent striker would have made it an excellent window. Not having one doesn't make it a bad one.

Focus on the positives Goddammit. @Noisy noise annoys says we all must do that no matter how few points we get, how few goals we score, how many goals we concede or how low in the table we sink. Objective evidence is for fools, blind optimism and hopeful declarations will take us to the promised land you heretic.

Or something like that, he's been doing it longer than me. I dunno.
There is one negative - we sold Rich, there are 9 positives on the back of that as well as it allowing Frank to play how he wnats. Only evertonians could focus on the negative (singular).

Status
Not open for further replies.