2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I can only think his lack of involvement is because he‘s been disappointing in training and not meeting expectations. I’m sure if he’d impressed we’d see him getting more game time to protect DCL.
Think he still needs some time to get up to speed, he's probably not there in terms of fitness to mantle what DCL does on the pitch. It's up to him to get there so let's hope he does that, then I would think he's worthy of a new contract.

Think he still needs some time to get up to speed, he's probably not there in terms of fitness to mantle what DCL does on the pitch. It's up to him to get there so let's hope he does that, then I would think he's worthy of a new contract.

....it’s a difficult one. He’s a professional, training every day so fitness shouldn’t be an issue although he might not be ‘match fit’ per se. He’s unlikely to get match fit unless he starts to impress because Ancelotti will only use him if he feels he will make a difference, a positive contribution.

At this stage it’s difficult to see him being offered a contract but that situation might change over the next 12 games or so.

....I might be seeing something that isn’t there, but I noticed a few situations when he came on at West Brom where teammates had the opportunity to roll an easy pass into him but turned & went in a different direction. I just thought it demonstrated a lack of confidence in King. Professionals will quickly form an opinion in training and know who they can trust to look after the ball.

I think he will probably get an extension He was brought in as cover and I expect is still learning and settling.
I think we will see more and more of him s the season ends.

....it’s a difficult one. He’s a professional, training every day so fitness shouldn’t be an issue although he might not be ‘match fit’ per se. He’s unlikely to get match fit unless he starts to impress because Ancelotti will only use him if he feels he will make a difference, a positive contribution.

At this stage it’s difficult to see him being offered a contract but that situation might change over the next 12 games or so.
I think it's hard to judge until he gets a run of starts

Can't form an opinion yet as seen very little of him...

He appeared heavy & slow when he came on at Man Utd so maybe he was lacking a bit of fitness...

Looked quicker more recently so maybe we will see more of him soon...

People keep saying this. He was playing for Bournmouth before we signed him. Its not like he’s not playd for 3months and then came in. Hes matchfit, just seems to be what a lot of us were worried he would be. A very mediocre player. Hope im proved wrong, but it doesnt look like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.