2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would start him against West Brom in place of DCL. 3 starts in a week is a big ask fir a player just back from a hamstring injury and Kings pace will help us keep West Brom back a bit. I think King was brought in largely as cover so his lack of game time so far doesn't surprise me. Its on him to take any chances he get. Personally I don't want him after this season but for the rest of the season he'll be fine. They have to weigh up what they are doing with Kean and Tosun in the summer.

The little I’ve seen of him doesn’t inspire confidence. Looks like a poor man’s Niasse which is pretty bad. After we get a few signings over the summer I expect him to move on or just disappear. Don’t be surprised if you hear he hasn’t been given a locker next season.
He’s played a grand total of 68 minutes over 5 games as sub.

half of that was after coming on when we were two nil down against Fulham when the entire team were rubbish. Then he had 20 mins v city.

the other 3 hes averaged 4 minutes.

deffo enough times to judge him.

Don't really know about his play so far.
However , without this signing , we were one injury away from no chance of any chance of European qualification (probably Europa).

Will do something great to cement our push for Europe. I keep getting the visions.

It does make sense to give a go tomorrow. If as people say he isn’t match fit, he should still be able to go full pelt for an hour. If he gets the winner that will justify he transfer and wages even if he does nothing else all season. DCL would then be fresh for Monday. Also allows us to keep Richarlison in the middle and play him off the left.

Pickford
Holgate Keane God Digne
Davies Dacoure
Iwobi James King
Richarlison

DCL and Allan on after an hour or so. Rest Gomes

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.