2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I would say is no point buying someone and not playing them. He should have started the Fulham game at least, not going to get fit without minutes. If he doesn't get match fit he won't get anywhere near his best.
I don't know where the idea that he's not fit has come from? Ancelotti said there was nothing wrong with his fitness, and there shouldn't be either - he'd played a part in Bournemouth's last 8 games before he came, which is plenty to get match fit.

I don't know where the idea that he's not fit has come from? Ancelotti said there was nothing wrong with his fitness, and there shouldn't be either - he'd played a part in Bournemouth's last 8 games before he came, which is plenty to get match fit.

5 starts plus 7 as a sub over 5 months? I wouldn't call that being match fit. Also looks a bit on the heavy side.

Match fitness and being heavy aren't related at all, that's just general fitness. If we played someone like Nkounkou now would you say he wouldn't be match fit? He's made less appearances than that but there's no reason for him not to be match fit. It's a bit of a misnomer I think, you might not be match sharp (ie a bit out of practice) but match fit? Absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be if you're training every day, and 4 starts and 6 sub appearances in a just over a month like King has made should be more than enough to blow away any cobwebs or rust and get you match fit.

No one should doubt King's motivation. He could get a lucrative long-term contract with Fulham, but chose Everton because he wanted to prove that he could play at the top level, and at the same time disprove those who doubted him. He further said that he was proud to play for Everton and Ancelotti, and that was something he would look back on with pride after ending his career. He said this to a Norwegian news channel.

Match fitness and being heavy aren't related at all, that's just general fitness. If we played someone like Nkounkou now would you say he wouldn't be match fit? He's made less appearances than that but there's no reason for him not to be match fit. It's a bit of a misnomer I think, you might not be match sharp (ie a bit out of practice) but match fit? Absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be if you're training every day, and 4 starts and 6 sub appearances in a just over a month like King has made should be more than enough to blow away any cobwebs or rust and get you match fit.

Match fit is the ability to play a full 90 on a regular basis. I doubt he is there yet.

Hard to see where he fits in now everyone's fit. Is ten minutes here and there enough to earn yourself a contract? I bet he won't be here next season. Tough for him to prove himself in these circumstances but he may get games before the end of the season we'll see.

The little I’ve seen of him doesn’t inspire confidence. Looks like a poor man’s Niasse which is pretty bad. After we get a few signings over the summer I expect him to move on or just disappear. Don’t be surprised if you hear he hasn’t been given a locker next season.

The little I’ve seen of him doesn’t inspire confidence. Looks like a poor man’s Niasse which is pretty bad. After we get a few signings over the summer I expect him to move on or just disappear. Don’t be surprised if you hear he hasn’t been given a locker next season.
Christ.

Mate do yourself a favour, find another hobby, cos Everton is making you very unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.