2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we will sign better players, but we have a recent track record of not doing so. For me questions need asking about this deal, King hasnt done anything wrong, i do wonder if we actually scouted him proper, or did we just watch a few YouTube videos, either way we choose to waste money
Rodriguez, Allan, doucoure, Godfrey... Seem decent enough to me.

King was brought in as he was more adaptable than Tosun and more experienced than Simms. He was never realistically going to start games as he isn't of the required level. However he was available and we needed someone to fill the void. In the summer we will either get Kean back or get a decent amount of money to bring in a replacement of the required level. The bonus was if he nicked a couple of goals coming from the bench. So far he hasn't but he still has 4 games where he could yet make a telling contribution.

At the risk of sounding harsh, he hadn't scored a goal in the championship all season, why would he suddenly start scoring in the Prem, he's obviously out of form and his form isn't that high of a level to start with.

Did well when he came on. He should have been brought on sooner for Sigurdsson who was shattered and ineffective in the second half.

Thought he was a little bit unlucky with that header yesterday. 2 inches left and it gets less of the inside of the post and goes over the line. I thought he did a reasonable job for the team when we were looking to see out an important win

I thought he did well yesterday and it was actually a really good header and just a bit unfortunate. He has only played 138 minutes since being here, and had it gone in it would have been a reasonable return.

I don't see him being here beyond this season, but he did ok yesterday.

You think we will sign better players, but we have a recent track record of not doing so. For me questions need asking about this deal, King hasnt done anything wrong, i do wonder if we actually scouted him proper, or did we just watch a few YouTube videos, either way we choose to waste money
They knew exactly what they were doing. That’s why it was a six month contract.
He was experienced cover.

Unlucky not to score, but was jogging about when they had possession at the back while Dom was trying to chase them down.
When you're brought on to try and hold onto a lead the least id expect was to bust a gut for less than 10mins.

....I actually saw him working hard & defending behind the ball when we were under the cosh those last few minutes. I’m sure he’s desperate to get a goal in these last few games, something Ancelotti will be very aware of.

They knew exactly what they were doing. That’s why it was a six month contract.
He was experienced cover.
Cover for who? You mean as in if one player is out injured he can play? Hasnt both DCL and Richarlison missed games but he still didnt cover for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.