2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real successes tend to come straight into the first team group.

To be direct about it, that's because they're good enough to come into the first team group.

Bournemouth must be laughing all the way to the bank.

They shifted five months of wages.

We got injury cover in the event that we ended up in the situation we did in January where we literally had no strikers to play. Somehow, we won that game. Carlo probably preferred not to try his luck at that further.

That situation never came about. It was a cheap insurance policy. If your house never burns down, that doesn't make the insurance you took out on it a bad purchase.

Hes on loan mate.
Lol! Figured I’d get it wrong somewhere. Either way tho, why take him if we don’t play him. Are Bournemouth paying his wages still or are we? I’m not sure myself obv!!!! To me tho, it looks like we made a poor transfer decision all round. Doesn’t play, effing off after x months...just poor. Maybe he was only brought in for cover or something . Probably why I’m not in football management. I haven’t got a Scooby Doo tbh. Just doesn’t sit right with me.

To be direct about it, that's because they're good enough to come into the first team group.

We got injury cover in the event that we ended up in the situation we did in January where we literally had no strikers to play. Somehow, we won that game. Carlo probably preferred not to try his luck at that further.

That situation never came about. It was a cheap insurance policy. If your house never burns down, that doesn't make the insurance you took out on it a bad purchase.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

Carlo would play Sigurdsson up front again before he started King.

I’m stunned by this tbh. Why take him (even on a free, bc he’ll be on a good chunk of change with no transfer fee) in the first place if 1) you’re not gonna play him and 2) get rid on another free (is what I’m reading) a year later. It means we’ve just paid him a whole heap of cash for a year of doing naff all.

Bournemouth must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Half a year later.

Cheap punt that hasn't worked out. Oh well.

Actually, it does. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Captain hindsight would've saved £150 that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.