2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Dunno why there are more of us are giving these tactics a pass while jumping on the players those same tactics are limiting, than the ones who see it fir what it is.
I'm not too adverse to the style we play, we make do with the players we have available, and on the whole I think we've been getting good results bar the minus 10 points. However, there's only so many times you can lump it forward before the same 3 ppl we aim at get double marked.

First one I actually expect him to make as its a reaction save. 2nd one is superb

Don't get me started on the Chelsea one, save of the season and one of the best at Goodison for years in such a pivotal game. That was world WORLD class.

Genuinely think we take him for granted. Rarely makes a mistake these days but Christ has he not held us together.

Plus his commitment to the club should not go unnoticed, he easily could’ve left - which is why I felt it was harsh of Dyche to switch vice captain to Tarkowski rather than no.

Dunno why there are more of us are giving these tactics a pass while jumping on the players those same tactics are limiting, than the ones who see it fir what it is.
I've said this same thing from last season but am a bad guy now for it, as far as the Dyche and a few players threads are concerned. We do so much good in some aspects just to absolutely negate it by doing literally nothing or going backwards in others that it's just plan weird, especially for an apparently pragmatic and amazing manager as Dyche.

FWIW Pickford's kicking has always been his or miss, but this season it's like we don't work on it... which is bizarre, given we use long passes quite a lot.

Just noticed his sleeve tattoo isn’t actually a sleeve, it doesn’t even go up to his shirt line, it’s like slightly above his elbow.

That’s about the most interesting thing from that first half, I’m not even joking.

Genuinely think he might be our best passer of the ball, not even kidding. Now that’s more of a sad indictment on the rest of them than thinking Pickford is Ederson-like.

I think he gets unnecessarily involved far too many times to just play balls either centre half could play if he doesn't get in the way. It leaves him wide open then to situations where there was a misplaced pass towards the end of the game towards him and luckily he reached quicker than the Palace striker and got there with time to spare.

If he's trying to do counter attacking passes out yeah I get that. But coming 35 yards off your goal line to then just lump it to no one is just stupid. He should be told by one of the senior players to get back in his area and leave those kind of passes to an outfield player. It just looks like players passing on responsibility for thoughtless passes.