2023/24 Jordan Pickford

He's a fantastic shot-stopper, one of the best in the league definitely. I think him, Allison and Martinez might be the three best.

His kicking has got progressively worse though and I am not sure why. It's not as if you just forget the technique to find a teammate or part of the field to kick to. Does he need to work on his concentration more? I'd argue yes.

Since we're so often under siege from the opposition, him kicking the ball right out of play or too long and directly to their keeper puts us quickly under pressure again.

Hope he can improve that side of his game to what it once was.

Half of his kicking is great, half of it is awful. A lot of the crap stuff is brought on by his stupidity (or overconfidence) when a defender passes a ball back and an opposition forward runs over to close him down.

Instead of taking a touch and clearing/passing it in plenty of time, using his obvious long passing skills - he plays this game of dare with them, waiting and waiting until the last moment when they are on him then launching it in a random direction.

Normally that means straight out, often in our own half, giving posession away and putting us under pressure. Jordan, If under pressure and you HAVE to launch it, pop it high up the pitch close to Dom/winger or nearby for Dom/winger to run onto. We need to cut out things like this.

I forgot the first tbh and looking at it back it’s unbelievable. The second tho is up there with the Chelsea save from 2 years back.

First one I actually expect him to make as its a reaction save. 2nd one is superb

Don't get me started on the Chelsea one, save of the season and one of the best at Goodison for years in such a pivotal game. That was world WORLD class.

I much prefer him trying a through ball for the forwards to run onto that might go out for a throw now and then than having him mess around with short passes with the centre backs like we saw Bournemouth and Burnley do at our place for example! Remember that first goal against Bournemouth!