2023/24 Jordan Pickford

He’s been a brilliant keeper for us. I don’t think we’re a premier league team without him the last few seasons, especially the Lampard run in, he was brilliant. Criminally underrated by the media, other fans, some Everton fans, and almost every England fan except Southgate. When you’re seeing commentators calling for Jack Butland to be in goal for England or Ramsdale it’s an absolute insult to the consistency and levels Pickford is producing. I honestly wouldn’t swap him for any keeper in the prem given the type of team we are.

He’s been a brilliant keeper for us. I don’t think we’re a premier league team without him the last few seasons, especially the Lampard run in, he was brilliant. Criminally underrated by the media, other fans, some Everton fans, and almost every England fan except Southgate. When you’re seeing commentators calling for Jack Butland to be in goal for England or Ramsdale it’s an absolute insult to the consistency and levels Pickford is producing. I honestly wouldn’t swap him for any keeper in the prem given the type of team we are.
I think media and pundits are finally leaving that alone these days! (I just hope its not because they are priming him for a move away)

I love the lad, he's absolutely bonkers, think that explains why he's still with us, because you need to be mad to be as good as him and not think about a move away!

You'd be surprised matey, couple England games I've been to he's well thought off by the fans.

I think media and pundits are finally leaving that alone these days! (I just hope its not because they are priming him for a move away)

I love the lad, he's absolutely bonkers, think that explains why he's still with us, because you need to be mad to be as good as him and not think about a move away!

There was a time before Ancelotti brought Olsen in when he had a huge dip in form and there were errors in a lot of games. Since he got a bit of a jolt from Olsen coming in though his consistency has been absolutely brilliant. People talk about concentration of top keepers, I can’t think of anyone who is better than his. You see Ederson Raya Allison Pope Ramsdale Martinez making errors all the time, getting caught on goal kicks, flying out their area missing balls etc. the sort of errors that Pickford would have been killed for by the media but he’s been absolutely exemplary in avoiding them mostly and also has gone into god mode a couple of times in running when we’ve needed him most. I’d have him above Tim Howard (who was a very good keeper for us) in the pantheon of Everton keepers for me.

There was a time before Ancelotti brought Olsen in when he had a huge dip in form and there were errors in a lot of games. Since he got a bit of a jolt from Olsen coming in though his consistency has been absolutely brilliant. People talk about concentration of top keepers, I can’t think of anyone who is better than his. You see Ederson Raya Allison Pope Ramsdale Martinez making errors all the time, getting caught on goal kicks, flying out their area missing balls etc. the sort of errors that Pickford would have been killed for by the media but he’s been absolutely exemplary in avoiding them mostly and also has gone into god mode a couple of times in running when we’ve needed him most. I’d have him above Tim Howard (who was a very good keeper for us) in the pantheon of Everton keepers for me.

To me, he`s matured a lot in the past couple of seasons.

There`d be games in the past, where he seemed to lose his concentration, due to getting rattled by the crowd, opposition players or just the atmosphere / tempo of the game. I can`t remember this happening at all over the past two seasons and there`s no doubt about it, last year and this, we`ve needed him to be at the peak of his game.

Who has called for Butland to be in the team..?

I think now Arsenal fans have shut up about Ramsdale, it’s pretty unanimous Pickford is England number 1. Has taken a while like.

I think now Arsenal fans have shut up about Ramsdale, it’s pretty unanimous Pickford is England number 1. Has taken a while like.
2018, it was a big debate on who was going to be the number 1 for the world cup

saw it in one of those pundits/writers line ups they do in papers, I thought it was ridiculous in 2018 tbh that Butland was the media favourite for number 1 for the World Cup when he was playing for a Stoke team that had been relegated.

For some reason, this save of the season list really bothers me.
First that's not Pickford's best save, IMO.

He made a save at Villa away this season, where he tips Diaby's volley on to the post at very short range. Diaby absolutely smacks it from 6-yards out, and Pickford somehow keeps it out.

What bothers me is that Allison's save against Newcastle is on the short list, and it's very similar; except Allison saves a shot from further out. You could argue Pickford's save is better.

What also bothers me is that Allison's save causes commentator meltdown while Pickford's save goes unnoticed. Perhaps it cause Everton we getting battered in the game anyway, so it wasn't a significant save in that sense. Or perhaps it's because we're not a top-6 media darling....

Anyway, don't know why they don't go with Pickford's best save (okay, I do, the whole thing is just a compilation of each save of the month. But still...).
Rant over.

I’m with you lad,he’s been unbelievable 👍

Graeme Souness. He’s at it again about how Butland is England’s best keeper. That idiot from talksport was casting doubt on Pickford as well saying he hopes he performs for England?! When hasn’t he? Literally there hasn’t been a more consistent player in the last three tournaments.

2018: Penalty shoot out win over Columbia, kept us in the quarter final v Sweden

2020: helped England past Germany with big one on one saves, single-handedly gave England a chance in the penalty shootout in the final

2022: didn’t make a mistake

Meanwhile Kane has a repertoire of key misses at crucial points in the biggest games and Stones probably cost us the semi final v Croatia, they’re probably our best outfield players too.

The disrespect Pickford gets is honestly ridiculous. A brilliant brilliant keeper for Everton and England.