2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even surprised by it anymore has been great for us. Is like the rest of the media/fans who think that lampard is a bad manager the team, the team is awful. Cant even be bothered to explain anymore is clear that pickford is englands no1

I’d put him in the not for sale category. He literally kept us in the Premier League last season. Watch the highlights of the massive games at the end of last season, against United and Chelsea etc. Without Pickford making a series of world class saves, Everton would have gone down! He’s one to keep, not to sell.

There’s been some very good English keepers who didn’t perform that well at tournaments. Shilton is one of those, horrible errors against Argentina in 86 and Germany in 90 ultimately put us out both tournaments. Seaman in 2002 against Ronaldinho.

Both better keepers than Pickford by almost any metric but in the last two major tournaments Pickford has brought his top game.
How many top teams did England play in those two tournaments, not Pickford’s fault just the luck of the draw but ost were easy games and they lost to the good ones.

Pickford has more competition than recent keepers. Who was Paul Robinson keeping out of the team? Or Joe Hart? Probably only Calamity James and Rob Green. Even Seaman only really had Nigel Martin (brilliant as he was for us).

Pickford has had everyone from Butland, Ben Foster, Fraser Forster, Henderson, Pope, Ramsdale all touted to replace him for the best part of 4 years now. There’s some keepers in there who have been in decent nick for some big clubs at times.
Only Henderson and Foster were good keepers out of those, for me Saint.

As a goalkeeper he’s not as good as Clemence.
In those days you could pick the ball in the box,and Liverpool at the time would kill the game off in the last 10mins with Clemence bouncing the ball in his own area.But now you are under pressure from the second you get the ball,and unlike one poster on here being a shot stopper is not the only part of the game you have to be a sweeper and be able to play football.And if you like it or not Pickford is one of the best.

In those days you could pick the ball in the box,and Liverpool at the time would kill the game off in the last 10mins with Clemence bouncing the ball in his own area.But now you are under pressure from the second you get the ball,and unlike one poster on here being a shot stopper is not the only part of the game you have to be a sweeper and be able to play football.And if you like it or not Pickford is one of the best.
Until it comes to commanding his six yard box and penalty area, when he does that much better than he does now he might qualify as a top keeper.

Pickford has more competition than recent keepers. Who was Paul Robinson keeping out of the team? Or Joe Hart? Probably only Calamity James and Rob Green. Even Seaman only really had Nigel Martin (brilliant as he was for us).

Pickford has had everyone from Butland, Ben Foster, Fraser Forster, Henderson, Pope, Ramsdale all touted to replace him for the best part of 4 years now. There’s some keepers in there who have been in decent nick for some big clubs at times.
I think that’s only because of the media indifference to Everton.

Whenever we have someone right good, they try and sell them to a (so called) big club.

Pickford is an excellent goalkeeper, he plays for Everton, the rest can do one!

I would say outside Ederson and Allison, who imo are comfortably the best two keepers in the league, Pickford would fall into that category below them, shared with the likes of: De Gea, Mendy and Lloris

I think that below them you have: Ramsdale, Pope, Sa, Martinez and Sanchez

I would have always classed him as the latter category but he has really stepped it up over the past year!

Until it comes to commanding his six yard box and penalty area, when he does that much better than he does now he might qualify as a top keeper.
You're overrating Clemence a bit, like most posters of a certain vintage who act like 'now dead' players had more all-round ability- when most definitely didn't. Clemence was most notably an athletic shot-stopper, not dissimilar to a Pickford or a De Gea, not a strong, commanding keeper in the mould of, say, Pat Jennings (but more spectacular than Pat). While I respect Clemence's club record, there's really no debate who will go down as the better England keeper- and that's Pickford, and no solid evidence to suggest otherwise, other than misty-eyed "they were all better when I was a kid" nonsense.

I’d put him in the not for sale category. He literally kept us in the Premier League last season. Watch the highlights of the massive games at the end of last season, against United and Chelsea etc. Without Pickford making a series of world class saves, Everton would have gone down! He’s one to keep, not to sell.
On a purely financial level,if he has a good World Cup that would be the time to sell at peak value.

S

So you’d rate him higher than Nigel Martyn

I would say outside Ederson and Allison, who imo are comfortably the best two keepers in the league, Pickford would fall into that category below them, shared with the likes of: De Gea, Mendy and Lloris

I think that below them you have: Ramsdale, Pope, Sa, Martinez and Sanchez

I would have always classed him as the latter category but he has really stepped it up over the past year!

Lads Pickford is miles better than Martyn ever was. Likewise to even compare him with De Gea is a joke. We are very lucky to have him. I say luck but we did ultimately go out and pay absolutely top price for a young talent. It's worked out here, it hasn't with Keane, the jury is still out for Godfrey and Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.