2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said the other week that we 'could' have him extend with a relegation clause (for say £40mil and a buy out e.g £60mil).

Happy to see Thelwell read my post.

On a serious note, this is fantastic news.

Pickford with a mix of Tarkowski, Coady, Branthwaite and Godfrey in front of him over the next 5 seasons would be very positive.

Add in Onana/Garner ahead and were free to focus on centre forwards to complete the spine.

Happy news.

I said the other week that we 'could' have him extend with a relegation clause (for say £40mil and a buy out e.g £60mil).

Pickford with a mix of Tarkowski, Coady, Branthwaite and Godfrey in front of him over the next 5 seasons would be very positive.

Add in Onana/Garner ahead and were free to focus on centre forwards to complete the spine.

Happy news.
It’s great news. I do think he will be off in the summer anyway, to either spurs or United. Least with new contract if we still in the prem we can demand a high fee. At least 60 mil for me considering how he has developed and has 8-10 years left in his prime. If he stays here long term still a win win for the club.

Happy news.
It would be typical Everton to miss out on Pickford's peak years having, effectively, developed him into a top-class, top-flight keeper. At least Sunderland, who developed him as a player, got a big profit on him. We would hardly get enough to make it worthwhile having endured his rawness and learning curve at the top level. He's now performing with excellence on a consistent basis. Time to reap the rewards over the coming years.

I'd hope there is a relegation clause in the contract. But I've got no issues with us extending him. We were about to go into sell or re-sign territory because we can't let someone with value like Pickford leave on a free transfer.

He’s got far less mistakes in him now and proving to be every reliable!

Great news, and speaks volumes that we’re making some good strides with Thelwell.

Also massively helps that he and his wife are both massively settled where they are.

It would be typical Everton to miss out on Pickford's peak years having, effectively, developed him into a top-class, top-flight keeper. At least Sunderland, who developed him as a player, got a big profit on him. We would hardly get enough to make it worthwhile having endured his rawness and learning curve at the top level. He's now performing with excellence on a consistent basis. Time to reap the rewards over the coming years.

Wasnt he player of the year in his 1st or 2nd season?

If we did sell in the summer for £60mil+ it wouldnt be ideal but that would be the 2nd highest transfer after Kepa i think?

All positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.