2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

That can't be true. In all honesty a relegation clause would suit both parties, I can't see why there wouldn't be one. We couldn't support his wages if we went down and a clause would ease his departure. I'm glad he's signing up but without a drop clause for transfer I'm assuming there's also no wage reduction clause either, which is high risk given our position.

That can't be true. In all honesty a relegation clause would suit both parties, I can't see why there wouldn't be one. We couldn't support his wages if we went down and a clause would ease his departure. I'm glad he's signing up but without a drop clause for transfer I'm assuming there's also no wage reduction clause either, which is high risk given our position.
Yeah but as I said above, if we do go down it's so obviously in his interests to leave, and in our interest to sell & remove him from the wage bill, that a relegation clause almost becomes redundant. What would it do that both parties wouldn't be seeking to do anyway?

Yeah but as I said above, if we do go down it's so obviously in his interests to leave, and in our interest to sell & remove him from the wage bill, that a relegation clause almost becomes redundant. What would it do that both parties wouldn't be seeking to do anyway?
I guess it would set a price for buyers that was written in stone and may facilitate a quick move. Obviously we could set an asking price but it may get bogged down in negotiations and there's only a limited number of teams looking for a no. 1. I suspect we'd have no problems moving him on but you never know, Sunderland were stuck with a load of high earners they couldn't shift, if we go down we may well be in the same boat.

I guess it would set a price for buyers that was written in stone and may facilitate a quick move. Obviously we could set an asking price but it may get bogged down in negotiations and there's only a limited number of teams looking for a no. 1. I suspect we'd have no problems moving him on but you never know, Sunderland were stuck with a load of high earners they couldn't shift, if we go down we may well be in the same boat.
I guess, but with a clause like that if you set it too high no one will pay it and since we're forced sellers we have to take a lower offer, or you set it below what the market will pay and you get mugged off. So it's only really a benefit if it's set at the correct market value, in which case you don't really need it anyway.

I guess, but with a clause like that if you set it too high no one will pay it and since we're forced sellers we have to take a lower offer, or you set it below what the market will pay and you get mugged off. So it's only really a benefit if it's set at the correct market value, in which case you don't really need it anyway.
Hopefully it's all an irrelevance!

While this is true, they didn't have the clear starting goalkeeper for England in their side.

Because of Pickford's status with the national team, and performances internationally, this is much less of a risk for us.

And he's still relatively young for a goalkeeper

I don't see how any of this could possibly be true, as contract Dave left.

It's not possible to sign anything now. No new contracts, nothing. Just entropy until it all ends.

(Has his new contract been confirmed by the club yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.