2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's never let them down, especially at majors so why would it baffle you that Southgate keeps faith in him?
That's exactly what baffles me. That he's better for England. Still makes a few gaffs but nowhere near as many as he makes for us. Maybe the pressure gets to him more when he plays for us. We had a keeper in the 70s called Dai Davies. Dai the drop as our older members will remember, who passed away recently. He was prone to a gaff or two, but he was Gordon £_@&!( Banks compared to this clown.

Sell him to Spurs for as much as we can get. Buy Danny Ward from Leicester for a fraction of the price and use the rest to strengthen the team.

That's exactly what baffles me. That he's better for England. Still makes a few gaffs but nowhere near as many as he makes for us. Maybe the pressure gets to him more when he plays for us. We had a keeper in the 70s called Dai Davies. Dai the drop as our older members will remember, who passed away recently. He was prone to a gaff or two, but he was Gordon £_@&!( Banks compared to this clown.
Most of the England games are against inferior opposition

Just seen spurs want to sign him but don't know whether he's worth 30m, Rafael wants shut and happy to accept 30m

Be the most Everton thing ever if we sign a rookie keeper from a relegated team, improve him so he's England's undisputed number one and then sell him for the same price we bought him for.

I'd keep him me he's decent and worth more than that

If he does get sold then I would want a keeper that actually comes off his line to collect crosses etc. Dominant of the box. I would sacrifice shot stopping slightly for that type of keeper. You wonder why we concede so many set pieces it's because are defenders must win the header because the keeper will be rooted to his line

Noticed the Watford Keeper today v a great City side he came out on crosses past the penalty spot area to catch a high ball..... no flapping, punching etc like Pickford does...
He plays better for England because he hasn't got a dodgy back four in front of him.

It's easy for Pickford being a goalkeeper for England, David Seaman at 58 years old today will look good as well in Southgate's setup.

When you have 7 defensive players in a low block all pinned in static positions 30 yards from goal then it's easier to limit chances.

Look at the awful Harry Maguire, he has a shield of 6 players surrounding him, minimising his glaring laughable stealing a living limitations.

But what i will say is England have not produced a top goalkeeper in decades, England just produces shot stoppers with glaring limitations.

Since Seaman quit England (who was limited by today's standards)) the list of England goalkeepers from Robinson, Green, Butland, Foster, Hart, Pickford, Pope, Johnston, Ramsdale are all cut form the same cloth, quick reflex shot stoppers and awful with the ball at their feet and poor command of the area, is it no wonder none of them play or played for a an absolute top club in Europe or the PL besides Hart who Pep got rid of as soon as he arrived, and seems to be a 3rd choice goalkeeper the last 5 seasons at multiple clubs.

England goalkeepers are about 2 decades behind top nations, not sure what the coaching blueprint is but it's no surprise that you see academy teams with mainly foreign goalkeepers now, something wrong at grassroots in England in developing goalkeepers to a modern standard.

Relegation has slipped off the agenda, Rafael is still here and going nowhere else, Brands has gone, so a different target is required to keep the groaner/moaner/pessimists alive. Pickford will do for now. "It is all Pickford's fault. Sell him". Who will it be next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.