2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a decent keeper, probably about top 8 standard, as we are nowhere top 8 he is not an immediate problem.

We would struggle to replace him with a similar standard keeper, because, why would they want to come here?

His distribution! That's become an urban myth as well. Fed up with the amount of times he kicks it straight out of play. Did it last night on a few occasions
We basically have subbuteo mindset as an outfield player "anticipation". Easy to cancel out the distribution for the opponent who is prepared to move to the ball.

Flaps at everything under pressure when he tries to catch the ball he drops it - no more than a good shot stopper ....... Goal v Brentford was his fault flapped it to the edge of the penalty area we are top of the league in conceding goals from set pieces - its down to him ... - He does not command his area

Flaps at everything under pressure when he tries to catch the ball he drops it - no more than a good shot stopper ....... Goal v Brentford was his fault flapped it to the edge of the penalty area we are top of the league in conceding goals from set pieces - its down to him ... - He does not command his area
I would blame Townsend myself for just booting the Brentford player in the Head lol

We're a long long way from being the team where the man with the attention span was our biggest issue. Although he'll never be, in my view, a top top keeper he is surely more than adequate for our purposes. Particularly under the present regime.

The way some fans carry on...you just shake your head. Some people on here wouldn't just be moving the deckchairs on the titanic, they'd be measuring them up and reading the catalog for new seat covers.

Been very good for a year and bit now. But still gets the hate thrown about that it’s his fault always will be with certain people on here, I do feel sorry for the lad even when he does well people still criticise. When the main problem is how terrible the defence is. When you haven’t got a defence infront of you, you've got a uphill struggle already. The whole back four has been a shambles and has been for a long while. Don’t get me started on the midfield and the striker. Bigger problems than the keeper I’m afraid.

sidelined the overrated, arrogant bully boy from the redshite for nearly a year. He‘ll do for me. I think reading through most of the comments there are barely any goalkeepers or an understanding of what goalkeepers have to do commenting at all. one of the only players on the books who needs keeping

He's a decent keeper, probably about top 8 standard, as we are nowhere top 8 he is not an immediate problem.

We would struggle to replace him with a similar standard keeper, because, why would they want to come here?
Just don't see him as a top 8 keeper mate I'm sorry. It baffles me he's still England's.

Been very good for a year and bit now. But still gets the hate thrown about that it’s his fault always will be with certain people on here, I do feel sorry for the lad even when he does well people still criticise. When the main problem is how terrible the defence is. When you haven’t got a defence infront of you, you've got a uphill struggle already. The whole back four has been a shambles and has been for a long while. Don’t get me started on the midfield and the striker. Bigger problems than the keeper I’m afraid.

looking back at it, Carlo dropping him was a great move

Status
Not open for further replies.