2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think clubs will pay the money, and I think we should be asking for more.
He is England's #1 and it's not really close.
He is worth the money to us and his performances look like they will keep us in the league. Compare him to say Rice. Is he worth £100m?. Nope, but he is worth that to West Ham, and they will probably get the money they ask for.

Coming into his peak years, English player pricing, arguably the best shot stopper in the league. To someone like spurs, he could be the difference between champions League football or not. Is it silly money? Yes. But, what is the going rate for one of the best players in their position in the league, and also in the England team?
Kane £100m+
Rice£100m
Reece James, doubt Chelsea would entertain any fee. But if they did sell, it would be silly money
Stones?
Sterling if he had 2 years on his contract and not 1?
Hell. Even Grealish went for silly money, cause he was worth that o Villa.
So why not Pickford?

Some good reasoning here...the numbers thrown around by the media are insane.

On the one hand Pickford at £60mil would make him the 2nd most expensive ever -- after the Chelsea disaster of Kepa.

On the other hand it would take Spurs into the Champions league and they'd have a superior player to their rivals for 4th place.

£50mil+ i think most posters would accept...£60mil 99% would accept that fee.

At under £50mil its a tricky one.

Most really good players are capable of staying withing that peak form for more than a month at a time. Lets see if Jordan is capable of that this time.

Saying apickford never dropped lower than a 7/10 the past 15months is laughable.

I judge him based on his career with us, you judge him based on flower and unicorns. We’ve had this exact dance before, ended in Pickford reverting to his old form and you taking a step back from posting about him. Lets both hope he can keep it up and become the keeper you already think he is. Id be dead happy about that.

Which games specifically over the last 15months you highlight has he been below average in? Or even average in?

I guess when you have seen the players come and go like I have, you admire the not utterly horrific that little more.

I know, we have bad memories of Pickford, but IMO and I know you won't agree, but he's been pretty solid for quite a while now.

No, not pitch perfect every game, but he's at a very good level currently.

We won't, won't, not can't, improve on him
As I said in the other thread every player is for sale or at least should be. My guess is the price they'll put on Pickford is way higher than mine but if it is offered then take it. And then we have to try and improve.

I think we’d be crazy to sell Pickford. The spine of the team is so important to success and every quality team has a top goalie. We have little evidence to suggest we could unearth a gem for a few mil. We generally sell our best players and replace them with garbage. Let’s concentrate on getting rid of those that have proved they aren’t worthy of the royal blue jersey, nearly everyone but not Pickford.

I think we’d be crazy to sell Pickford. The spine of the team is so important to success and every quality team has a top goalie. We have little evidence to suggest we could unearth a gem for a few mil. We generally sell our best players and replace them with garbage. Let’s concentrate on getting rid of those that have proved they aren’t worthy of the royal blue jersey, nearly everyone but not Pickford.
I couldn't agree more, can't believe anyone would willingly sell Pickford, he effectively saved us from relegation, maybe 6 points less if not for his saves at Leicester and Chelsea, can understand making money on Richarlison and DCL but unless he actually wants to leave would keep him as long as possible.

Ive not been this fellas biggest fan over the past few years. But tonight i know if we stay up its because of him. Leicester and chelsea were draws at best. Tonight when the outfield players were asked to step up and beat a reserve watford set up they couldnt. Take away those(probable) 4 points he got us and were still down on 32 and bang in trouble.
Its really hit home how much he has saved us.

Genuinely think he's the best passer of a ball in the entire squad.

Im comvinced if he was Brazilian in the 90's he would be on free kicks.
Actually sure i seen something at the weekend that said he made more passes in our final 3rd v Leicester than our other players lol

If we could sell him for £45mil+ and sign Bazunu for £15mil.

I'd do that deal.

With Kean off to Juventus, if we could sell Keane and Allan we'd have a big pot to get high potential young players in CB and CM.

We'd then have a long term spine of GK,CB, CM.

From what I witnessed last night, I'm not convinced Pickford is now in control of his emotions. His screeching to Lampard to make a substitution whenever Gray made an error (and that was frequent) was quite disconcerting. And when Gray finally was replaced Pickford seemed to utter a mouthful of abuse when supporting the change. A worrying series of events.

From what I witnessed last night, I'm not convinced Pickford is now in control of his emotions. His screeching to Lampard to make a substitution whenever Gray made an error (and that was frequent) was quite disconcerting. And when Gray finally was replaced Pickford seemed to utter a mouthful of abuse when supporting the change. A worrying series of events.
You get the feeling with Pickford,.he needs to feel that arrogance. Without it, he is just not the same.
You think of players like Ronaldo, Shearer, Roy Keane, etc. They all have it, that overwhelming chest out arrogance.

Sounds like PASHUN to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.