2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've long held the opinion its more the dearth of quality English keepers that mean he's no. 1.

Beware overhyped young English keepers...
You’re spot on and I do know a few on here pointed out some scary stats regarding saves to shots faced when he was signed which was just put down to a poor defence. The media and him have just pulled the wool over peoples eyes I think.

Dearth is an absolutely phenomenal term by the way.

The 2nd goal was Alot more worrying than the first, big concern now... I thought he would come through this but I was wrong
First goal was also so so so so poor though. If in doubt put it out. Really you would have to question the number of brain cells this lad has at this stage. He cant make decisions. Really would live him replaced this window but I think we are stuck with him till next summer. If he continues like this it could be jan

The defence literally walked off like “there’s Jordan again” whilst he flailed about to nobody for the first goal and I honestly think that’s indicative of what goes on in training.
Came out of his goal shouting come on as they walked back to center circle. Spotted some of them looking at him and each other. Have no doubt he is being discussed behind his back. That's not stirring but the reality of a changing room.

First goal was also so so so so poor though. If in doubt put it out. Really you would have to question the number of brain cells this lad has at this stage. He cant make decisions. Really would live him replaced this window but I think we are stuck with him till next summer. If he continues like this it could be jan
Yes the first goal was very poor, but a mistake... The second goal was bad decision making and awful technique... Very strange

He is absolutely garbage and I have no idea how anyone can disagree to be honest. He just does ridiculous things so often that you kind of become blasé about it. You even start to believe that he couldn’t be expected to save straightforward shots because they go in that often that you convince yourself it’s normal. It’s not though, he’s just crap.

Last edited:
We are making real progress and this has to be the last chance saloon to get things right under Carlo but Pickford is an absolute liability and we will win nothing with him in goal

Yes the first goal was very poor, but a mistake... The second goal was bad decision making and awful technique... Very strange
Yes, but the 'mistake' was horrific, and one that should never, ever, be made. I'd be less bothered if he'd let the ball run between his legs into the net. In this instance he should be thinking, "Here comes the ball. It's a very risky situation. I'm gonna hoof it ASAP". In those circumstances, I just can't see how any keeper would ever have a thought process that was any different from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.