2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from Talksport,

"Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum continued the attack on Pickford suggesting it was committed without concern for the Van Dijk’s welfare."

Now that is rich, can you believe it. Since when was Van Dyck concerned about other players welafare in his tackles. Looking at his play most of the time he went in to take out the player. Look at his tackles very early in the game. You can always tell he is up quick and running away. Did he ever help a player up?

I hate that Wijnaldum - gobshyte has done nothing but claim we aint a big game for them and their rival is Utd yet is cry arsing when a few meaty tackles go in.

I am sick to the back teeth of others criticising our keeper. Regardless of his mistakes he plays for Everton. He maybe a Wally but he’s our Wally - let’s get behind him while he wears our shirt.

Klopp, Huttenblertun, Winjaldum shut it.
Half of it is a knock at the club, it's not just about Pickford, us doing well is everything the media dont want.
They think we have ideas above our station and it's wrong we have taken out a big player for a serious team.
I'm loving it personally, people hate serious teams, when nobody hates you its because your irrelevant

DANNY MURPHY: It's not personal, but reckless Jordan Pickford should not play against Southampton after his awful challenge on Virgil van Dijk

I don't think Jordan Pickford should be playing at Southampton on Sunday while Virgil van Dijk is starting a long rehab.

It’s not personal against Pickford — and I’ll take this opportunity right off the bat to totally condemn the trolling and abuse he’s received — but my belief is that any bad tackle or dangerous play should always be punished, whether on the day or retrospectively.

It sends out the right message to the whole football community that you shouldn’t get away with anything reckless. And that goes for any player who made the challenge Pickford did.

He didn’t mean to put Van Dijk out of action for months but it was a dreadful intervention and I can’t understand for the life of me why he has escaped any sanction. In fact, not giving him a three-match ban has been detrimental to Pickford himself because the sense of injustice — the authorities have not done their job — has put him in the firing line.
It’s a difficult one for Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti, whose job is to look after the welfare of his players rather than police the whole of football.
As a manager, I might have been tempted to leave Pickford out just so he could escape scrutiny and spend time with his family. But the truth is the decision shouldn’t have been left up to Ancelotti. If the referee missed the incident on the day, they should have reviewed it and given an immediate three-match ban.

Sensational this, they are still moaning about it.

Just seen this and its beyond tiresome now. Got his defence in right away, "it's not personal". If not then why go on about it?
On his claim that ALL dangerous tackles should be dealt with retrospectively, I'm waiting to see if he, and the rest of the free world, are going to wage a campaign against that Leeds player the other night, who made two dangerous tackles, both sending off offences. Match commentators saw it, but yet to be propelled into the hysterical heights of Pickford.

Oh ffs, that whining bell end has been bleating about this for a full week.

Last Sunday on MOTD2 he hung his head like a solemn mourner at a family funeral as Mark Chapman started talking about the untimely & tragic loss of St Virgil’s knee ligament. He’s a fully fledged cult member.

It’s nothing personal, but I’m going to put yet another piece out there about it, and saying Pickford shouldn’t play - for his own good. How altruistic of you Danny, you utterly ridiculous cultist.

Status
Not open for further replies.