2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was nothing short of pathetic today, while the squad right now has a confidence in it we've not seen for a long time if ever, Pickford is out here putting in the fear of god to anyone that he's about to drop another clanger.

The first goal was just a mess, yeah conditions are bad but even still absolutely no reason to be making that error.

Second half you'd think ok, regroup, new half to start a fresh .... No he got worse.

Mina bailed him out massively on the deflected cross because Pickford was all over the place and i think he'd probably have ended up flapping it in himself had Mina not thrown his body in the way and got absolutely wiped out by Pickford kicking him in the chest.

Then the cross from the left with no one challenging him yet he decides to flap and punch it directly in to the middle of the danger area, again it's one thing to perhaps be hesitant after the goal but he didn't even make the right punching decision and put it directly at chest height to a brighton player.

To finish it all off i think there was another one not long after where he flapped again, can't fully remember but i believe it was from a brighton corner.

Right now he's a major issue in this team. For a player who always gives off a unwarranted cockiness to his game, right now he looks like a mouse in a group of lions and is going to eventually cost us in a game where our attackers start to struggle, and it just so happens Liverpool is up next.

He was absolutely garbage. Caught a couple of crosses and one long pass to Iwobi. That was it.

The slap out to Maupay in the 2nd half and clattering of Mina were disgraceful.

He has made so, so many errors it is just unacceptable now.

Started with that RS horror show 2 years ago, and he has simply never regained his head since.

I was watching some of the performances from last season and he is at fault for so many goals and lucky that poor finishing didn't see him concede more.
His saves to shots ratio is dreadful too. No way are we challenging for the big prizes with him in nets.

Just a reminder. Reading this thread was unpleasant. This is probably a cultural difference but I really don't understand why the player is being insulted. This is an incomprehensible trend in this forum. Today was a bad day but no one remembers when he saved the team before. He is definitely not a clown or the worst goalkeeper in the league.
1. Yes he is.
2. Who is worse?

1. Yes he is.
2. Who is worse?

F1DFE7E6-021D-4DC4-99E2-94013EDA662C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.