2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im on about pointing out how bad our fans are, and they are. Dont get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for Pickford, im pointing out the fans not supporting him hasnt helped him or the club they think they support.
You talk about that near own goal against Leicester, nothing happened, they didnt score, but you can be sure the morons behind the goal would be on his back over that, yes it was a mistake but it didnt cost us but that wouldnt stop idiots crying and moaning, when you do that Everton suffer. 5 minutes into the Liverpool game im sure Keane made a big error but nothing came from it, a few minutes later it was forgot about by the players but the fans dont let these things go

Look at Ross Barkley how well he is playing, not a chance he could do that in front of an Everton crowd, we wouldnt let him

I remember the games last day of the season to stay up, the present fan base would send us down abusing the players and making them a bag of nerves, in fact the 80s too, after Bayern Munich scored we supported the team and sucked the goals in ourselves, the current crowd would be blowing them back out shouting abuse.
Very strange way to look at things IMO.

So because the teams didn't score from his mistakes, they don't matter and we should not be arsed?

How about the times his dreadful mistakes have cost goals?

Just for info, he's ranked joint 2nd in the league on errors leading to goals...

Lets be Real here, a lot of people were moaning he was making mistakes when he was not at all all for the reason they dislike him -even saying some wonder goals he should save again because they hate him, yes he made mistake v palace for example but then made a great save that as ever instead of giving credit to him for making it, its put down as its a save he should make etc and yes he has made more mistakes lately, even moaning about him when we didnt even play

But people seem to forget pope is making mistakes even that game a few days ago were he made some excellent saves he actually came out for a catch that he droped but had Burnley defenders all around him to help out etc - does not get shown on highlights though unless watching it Live- Toon keeper again makes errors despite some saying hes good, Dean Henderson as good as hes been has got away with a few as well. it happens to every keeper if people like it or not, and whoever the keeper for us is no one will ever be happy and again someone come up with a decent keeper Everton could actually sign thats a number 1 thats decent-even the Milan keeper the odd person on here raves about has made errors galore
I was really optimistic when he first joined. My concern is they type of mistakes he is making. The one against Leicester were Keane cleared of the line, that was an under 11’s mistake. Too many as well almost every game there will be a howler, he does make some great saves too. But I think he would bring more confidence to his defence if had fewer mistakes and fewer worldies.

In now way am I making a comparison as they are and always will be incomparable, but some of yous would be moaning and writing off Big Nev if he were playing today.

Constantly moaning and picking on others' deficiencies does not improve them and it does not make the moaner appear wise and wonderful.

In now way am I making a comparison as they are and always will be incomparable, but some of yous would be moaning and writing off Big Nev if he were playing today.

Constantly moaning and picking on others' deficiencies does not improve them and it does not make the moaner appear wise and wonderful.
I like you don't like all the moaning about players. I've tried to like Pickford. For me he's an ok goalie. Can make some good saves. Said before personally I like a taller keeper. He makes loads of mistakes and dosnt seem to.learn from them. Teams just put a man on him at corners and due to his size he is basically taken out of the game. Always got a mistake in him. Concentration seems to be his biggest problem. I was hoping when Carlo came in he would knuckle down.
Id compare him to Davy Lawson but with more confidence

Sell whilst he is England's number one. Made the best save I have ever seen in the World Cup vs Columbia, but is too erratic and doesn't fill the defence with any confidence. Trouble is, who would actually replace their keeper with him in the PL? Ask yourself that and when you finally come to a team where he would be better than what they have, then you'll then see why we need to sell him.

Sell whilst he is England's number one. Made the best save I have ever seen in the World Cup vs Columbia, but is too erratic and doesn't fill the defence with any confidence. Trouble is, who would actually replace their keeper with him in the PL? Ask yourself that and when you finally come to a team where he would be better than what they have, then you'll then see why we need to sell him.

Don't think he's going to be Englands number one much longer. Nick Pope is becoming a hell of a Keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.