2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all do but they don’t jump on there players back as soon as it happens... Newcastle keeper made a error the other day and it didn’t get mentioned, if Jordan (England’s number 1) does his hair poorly he’l get criticised .
A single error in isolation is forgivable.

An error every week then laughing about it starts to get on people's nerves after a bit...

They all do but they don’t jump on there players back as soon as it happens... Newcastle keeper made a error the other day and it didn’t get mentioned, if Jordan (England’s number 1) does his hair poorly he’l get criticised .
This is true but i think one thing that dosent help Everton is Evertonians, several times in our recent games there have been moments where nothing has happened that has lead to a goal but the fans would be all over Pickford or Keane, if they ever allow us back we have to support the team

This is true but i think one thing that dosent help Everton is Evertonians, several times in our recent games there have been moments where nothing has happened that has lead to a goal but the fans would be all over Pickford or Keane, if they ever allow us back we have to support the team
What are you on about?

Were the fans to blame last week when the idiot nearly forced an own goal from Keane in the game against Leicester?

How about when he let the ball sail through his hands when he went up to claim a corner against Spurs a few days earlier (or later, can't remember)?

As I said a few posts back, mistakes in isolation are acceptable and to be expected. Regular, dreadful mistakes are indefensible.

Lets be Real here, a lot of people were moaning he was making mistakes when he was not at all all for the reason they dislike him -even saying some wonder goals he should save again because they hate him, yes he made mistake v palace for example but then made a great save that as ever instead of giving credit to him for making it, its put down as its a save he should make etc and yes he has made more mistakes lately, even moaning about him when we didnt even play

But people seem to forget pope is making mistakes even that game a few days ago were he made some excellent saves he actually came out for a catch that he droped but had Burnley defenders all around him to help out etc - does not get shown on highlights though unless watching it Live- Toon keeper again makes errors despite some saying hes good, Dean Henderson as good as hes been has got away with a few as well. it happens to every keeper if people like it or not, and whoever the keeper for us is no one will ever be happy and again someone come up with a decent keeper Everton could actually sign thats a number 1 thats decent-even the Milan keeper the odd person on here raves about has made errors galore

Lets be Real here, a lot of people were moaning he was making mistakes when he was not at all all for the reason they dislike him -even saying some wonder goals he should save again because they hate him, yes he made mistake v palace for example but then made a great save that as ever instead of giving credit to him for making it, its put down as its a save he should make etc and yes he has made more mistakes lately, even moaning about him when we didnt even play

But people seem to forget pope is making mistakes even that game a few days ago were he made some excellent saves he actually came out for a catch that he droped but had Burnley defenders all around him to help out etc - does not get shown on highlights though unless watching it Live- Toon keeper again makes errors despite some saying hes good, Dean Henderson as good as hes been has got away with a few as well. it happens to every keeper if people like it or not, and whoever the keeper for us is no one will ever be happy and again someone come up with a decent keeper Everton could actually sign thats a number 1 thats decent-even the Milan keeper the odd person on here raves about has made errors galore

Sorry Ring master, anyone who is still defending Pickford is doing so purely out of blind loyalty. He is the worst GK in the PL at this stage and his form is continuing to the point where his position in the team is essentially becoming untenable & he is stripping all around him of any confidence...

For clarity....
1) he is the worst in the PL at saving shots
2) he is second worst at errors leading goals
3) his distribution is poor
4) His unpredictable nature, is leading to flapping and panic at set pieces constantly.

His form may pick up and hopefully it does as it is hard to see how we can sell, but at the moment it is a horror show & there is no keeper in the PL performing as badly as him.

Sorry Ring master, anyone who is still defending Pickford is doing so purely out of blind loyalty. He is the worst GK in the PL at this stage and his form is continuing to the point where his position in the team is essentially becoming untenable & he is stripping all around him of any confidence...

For clarity....
1) he is the worst in the PL at saving shots
2) he is second worst at errors leading goals
3) his distribution is poor
4) His unpredictable nature, is leading to flapping and panic at set pieces constantly.

His form may pick up and hopefully it does as it is hard to see how we can sell, but at the moment it is a horror show & there is no keeper in the PL performing as badly as him.
But as said people were looking for things that didnt exist for a while, and yes he is making them a lot more lately and rightly getting moaned at, but i dont get that a wonder goal that he has no chance with in past for Example is his fault or the no giving credit to him for making a save at all because people hate him-- should go both ways give credit for making great saves,moan about proper errors and thats proper errors not ones that people come up with just to have a moan, I Just dont see who we are signing thats a decent number 1 and people saying sign anyone just for the sake of getting Pickford out the team etc is wrong as well -think we may only sign a number 2 at best myself

But as said people were looking for things that didnt exist for a while, and yes he is making them a lot more lately and rightly getting moaned at, but i dont get that a wonder goal that he has no chance with in past for Example is his fault or the no giving credit to him for making a save at all because people hate him-- should go both ways give credit for making great saves,moan about proper errors and thats proper errors not ones that people come up with just to have a moan, I Just dont see who we are signing thats a decent number 1 and people saying sign anyone just for the sake of getting Pickford out the team etc is wrong as well -think we may only sign a number 2 at best myself

I think it is only really hitting home now, but he was rubbish last season as well; if you have a look at the stats he was the 4th worst keeper in the league last year, with the exact same save % he has this year, which suggests this is not a blip. He made 4 errors leading to goals last season and he flapped all over the gaff. Idiocy like the crossbar incident etc.

If he wasn't English he wouldnt be in the PL and if he wasn't ours we would be laughing at the state of him at spurs or wherever & on another note, his off-field behavior, stupid comments about Allison etc are not helping him one bit.

in terms of signing someone else, from the PL - Dubravka would be the one for me, but I would expect Carlo to identify someone abroad.

I think it is only really hitting home now, but he was rubbish last season as well; if you have a look at the stats he was the 4th worst keeper in the league last year, with the exact same save % he has this year, which suggests this is not a blip. He made 4 errors leading to goals last season and he flapped all over the gaff. Idiocy like the crossbar incident etc.

If he wasn't English he wouldnt be in the PL and if he wasn't ours we would be laughing at the state of him at spurs or wherever & on another note, his off-field behavior, stupid comments about Allison etc are not helping him one bit.

in terms of signing someone else, from the PL - Dubravka would be the one for me, but I would expect Carlo to identify someone abroad.

Nah, you get to about page 12 on this thread and then people have sussed him out. He's mince.

Nah, you get to about page 12 on this thread and then people have sussed him out. He's mince.

As always, I'm ahead of my time.

pickford.jpg

And then there's Zat being Zat.

zat.jpg

What are you on about?

Were the fans to blame last week when the idiot nearly forced an own goal from Keane in the game against Leicester?

How about when he let the ball sail through his hands when he went up to claim a corner against Spurs a few days earlier (or later, can't remember)?

As I said a few posts back, mistakes in isolation are acceptable and to be expected. Regular, dreadful mistakes are indefensible.
Im on about pointing out how bad our fans are, and they are. Dont get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for Pickford, im pointing out the fans not supporting him hasnt helped him or the club they think they support.
You talk about that near own goal against Leicester, nothing happened, they didnt score, but you can be sure the morons behind the goal would be on his back over that, yes it was a mistake but it didnt cost us but that wouldnt stop idiots crying and moaning, when you do that Everton suffer. 5 minutes into the Liverpool game im sure Keane made a big error but nothing came from it, a few minutes later it was forgot about by the players but the fans dont let these things go

Look at Ross Barkley how well he is playing, not a chance he could do that in front of an Everton crowd, we wouldnt let him

I remember the games last day of the season to stay up, the present fan base would send us down abusing the players and making them a bag of nerves, in fact the 80s too, after Bayern Munich scored we supported the team and sucked the goals in ourselves, the current crowd would be blowing them back out shouting abuse.

Has had alot of chances
Im on about pointing out how bad our fans are, and they are. Dont get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for Pickford, im pointing out the fans not supporting him hasnt helped him or the club they think they support.
You talk about that near own goal against Leicester, nothing happened, they didnt score, but you can be sure the morons behind the goal would be on his back over that, yes it was a mistake but it didnt cost us but that wouldnt stop idiots crying and moaning, when you do that Everton suffer. 5 minutes into the Liverpool game im sure Keane made a big error but nothing came from it, a few minutes later it was forgot about by the players but the fans dont let these things go

Look at Ross Barkley how well he is playing, not a chance he could do that in front of an Everton crowd, we wouldnt let him

I remember the games last day of the season to stay up, the present fan base would send us down abusing the players and making them a bag of nerves, in fact the 80s too, after Bayern Munich scored we supported the team and sucked the goals in ourselves, the current crowd would be blowing them back out shouting abuse.
isnt just the one error has made several i think he has been let off easy the liverpool mistake was bad enough but he still got chances same with keane. Is hard not to get frustrated with these players, i kno mistakes are part of the game but i want to see improvement havent seen it in both keane and pickford both inconsitent

Status
Not open for further replies.