2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
That flapping on a cross against spurs or the complete butter fingers against Leicester was proper drunken Sunday league keeping.

form has fallen off a cliff. Cash in whilst his stock is high thanks to that lame brain southgate.

Pulls off decent saves , but always has a mistake in him , not a 100% dependable keeper. I would sell if the price was right.
Lets face it when we signed him all the stars were aligned for the kid.
Established keeper for club and country, young, great potential, and the media lauding him big style.
Then he joins us!

Declined I agree with, massively not so much. These issues were there in that season, there were plenty of us pointing them out. He made some good saves though, and he got plenty of practice, so people thought he was doing a lot better than he was. He certainly wasn't calm or steady at that point, and he made a fair few rickets too.

I also remember that season being quite shaky (and actually thought he was better last season, even with the mistakes).

We just had a lot of shameful performances that season, so Pickford would have games like yesterday-because he was knew people would focus on the positive and say he made 2 good saves. I mean we are a pretty fair group of fans and tend to see positives in people early on and get more critical as time goes by.

Declined I agree with, massively not so much. These issues were there in that season, there were plenty of us pointing them out. He made some good saves though, and he got plenty of practice, so people thought he was doing a lot better than he was. He certainly wasn't calm or steady at that point, and he made a fair few rickets too.

The fact he wasn’t Tim Howard or Stekelenburg and he did actually make saves was a novelty for us in the first season. But he definitely has got much worse at that part of his game over the last couple of years.

95th minute and hes taking touches on the ball only to try and hit he smallest person in the stadium ( that would have included ball boys) . Thought playing with no fans he would improve but not much has changed. Got away with another clanger too . Don't want to see him as our no1 next year

Lets face it when we signed him all the stars were aligned for the kid.
Established keeper for club and country, young, great potential, and the media lauding him big style.
Then he joins us!
I think it was media hype mate cause he was young and English. Don't forget Sunderland went down. Now I know it wasn't all his fault but you know. Just saying like.

The fact he wasn’t Tim Howard or Stekelenburg and he did actually make saves was a novelty for us in the first season. But he definitely has got much worse at that part of his game over the last couple of years.
I've watched him closely since the day he joined and have never been convinced. The saves he makes are usually bread and butter, but the mistakes he makes almost since day one I might add are just unbelievable

It is all Pickford's fault. Any one of us would have saved that own goal from Keane. But for that it was 0--0.
Nobody said that was his fault. What we are saying is that he is a minimum of one mistake a match keeper and will cost us. He is massively overrated but hopefully only we see it and can flog him and get in a proper keeper next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.