2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs replacing but in the list of priority he is probably behind

2 CM
RW
CB

and then either keeper or right back.

I disagree - there is no player more damaging on the pitch. He concedes way more goals than he should (% saves + GK errors), he causes a lack of confidence in front of him and that has a domino effect into the MF.

If Pickford had a decent shot % he would be conceding around 10 less goals per season before you look at the impact he is having on those around him

You dont have to look very far to see the step change a decent keeper makes

Just got out of bed. You are in a minority on this forum if you rate Siggy and Davies as little more than a waste of space. Just saying like, but the general opinion seems to consolidate around the view that our midfield is priority for scrapping and starting again. Fix that area and we might get somewhere, then attend to the inadequacy of the goalkeeper. It will take time unfortunately and a lot on here sound like they have lost patience. Few would blame them.
The one thing Davies has is at least he looks bothered.

I am bothered but I can't play football very well. He will make a career for himself hopefully in a lower league. We must aim to get better quality than our existing midfield players.
My post was referring to this season,what happens after that depends on signings and Ancelotti who appears to rate him or is bugging him up to sell.

If the rumours are correct and Chelsea are willing to pay 60m for Pickford, good luck see ya, I'll even drop him down to London meself and I live in Dublin! Yet again V Spurs totally miss judges a simple cross, what should be bread and butter for a keeper Pickford makes a horses ass of it.

Think it'd be harsh to judge him, it was an absolute fluke pass and fluke control to take it past him.

All 3 goals we've conceded since restart have been weird.
If he goes towards the ball it goes nowhere, how does running at the player do anything other than to batge him over for a pen?
A goalkeeper 's first instincts should be to go and get the ball into his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.