2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's absolutely pants mate.

That is a kick the should be putting on their penalty spot with all our big guys in there.
This is not a rushed clearance , its a free hit under no pressure from any other players.

Cant wait til he's gone.

It isn't looking good for him now he has lost a lot of the fans.

I don't think we will be changing him though, so I am hoping he improves the next couple of seasons under stable guidance at the club.

He's absolutely pants mate.

That is a kick the should be putting on their penalty spot with all our big guys in there.
This is not a rushed clearance , its a free hit under no pressure from any other players.

Cant wait til he's gone.
Keane and Yerry edge of their box and he goes long to a fella who couldn’t win a header against the under 10’s.

Genuinely couldn’t make that up.

It isn't looking good for him now he has lost a lot of the fans.

I don't think we will be changing him though, so I am hoping he improves the next couple of seasons under stable guidance at the club.
Too late for that mate , he will be replaced.
If he wants to stick around thats up to him , but if we are to progress its not with Pickford between the sticks.

The time seems to have come for Pickford to go.

When he was playing to the crowd before i put it down to inexperience and coming from his boyhood team was probably praised for it as they were getting hammered.

Now though with no crowd hes playing to the cameras.

Every one of our goalkeepers since Martyn has been dreadful. That goes for backup and starters and youve got to look at who we have signed and also the goalkeeping coaches.

I dont think at this point that Ancelotti dropping him or someone threatening him would have any affect at all.

Sad thing is im not sure who would buy him.

The time seems to have come for Pickford to go.

When he was playing to the crowd before i put it down to inexperience and coming from his boyhood team was probably praised for it as they were getting hammered.

Now though with no crowd hes playing to the cameras.

Every one of our goalkeepers since Martyn has been dreadful. That goes for backup and starters and youve got to look at who we have signed and also the goalkeeping coaches.

I dont think at this point that Ancelotti dropping him or someone threatening him would have any affect at all.

Sad thing is im not sure who would buy him.
Sunderland. They can have him back and that's his level.

Well, he didn't that time.

Most of the time he does.

His kicking isn't the concern with Pickford.

It is the feeling of insecurity we as fans, and maybe our players and staff, get when he has to make a decision.

For example, the cross he came for and failed to catch today, with it whizzing off his fingertips and out for a corner.
His kicking is a concern, he kicks it over the full backs head for a throw in more times than not.

Biggest criticism is that you ALWAYS realise he's there. Whether that be saves for the cameras, booming the ball out of play, laughing when he makes a mistake etc etc.

Never feel like you can just forget the goalkeeper is there and will do the basics that they need to, always a calamity waiting around the corner just because he can't concentrate or not look for something to go on his highlight reel

He's very poor IMO, poor at crosses and woeful distribution, the modern game needs a ball playing goalie and he isn't one.

surely only a matter of time before one of these dodgy performances becomes an out and out disaster

i think he has some ok attributes but his attitude seems all wrong

He can’t aim his kicks properly because of the stupid flailing arms thing he does when he kicks it, he’s so off balance and has no control over the direction he’s kicking it. No idea why he does it unless it’s an attention thing, in which case I completely get it. Lad has serious issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.