2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes way more great saves than the occasional slips he makes in my view.. Plus given the terrible players we have in this team at the moment, focusing on pickford seems to be totally missing the point.
NOPE.

Vast majority of these so called great saves are because:

1. The guy loves to fling himself about for the cameras. A simple shot right next to him and he jumps about like a salmon. This is because he loves the cameras and attention. His attitude stinks and he hates doing the simple things. It's all about me me me.

2. Poor positioning. Look at some do the great keepers, the vast amount of time they make things look simple. They also have shot stopping in the locker but they don't need it often. Because they read the game good.

3. There is way more to keeping than just shot stopping. Organising the back four, installing calmness, passing and making the right passes at the right time, catching the ball etc

He is average at best and crap at most at everything else.

I still think he will mature into a solid goalkeeper, people are so quick to jump onto his head, he's still only 25

Don't think he's one of our top issues in all honesty

Besides on that list Ederson is pretty low down and I think he's one of the best about

Additionally, the other 2 goalkeepers people rave over for England Pope and Heaton right down there too

In terms of FFP he's the only saleable asset we could flog to allow a big summer of investment.

I still dont think he's the main issue but if someone offered £50 million I would sell him - get Pope or Dubravka in for £25 million and reinvest the rest in a CM, CB & RW.

He's a 20million keeper, at most. There isn't a team in the PL who would prefer him over what they already have.

Has he still got people willing to defend him? He's utter garbage, worse than final season tim howard garbage.
Yes, he has mate. Just wait until the next time he makes a decent save.

Didn't have to wait that long, in fact......

He has not had a good season. But I have found signs of improvement under ancelotti. He is looking to be more commanding from crosses even though he does not always clear well. He has made some good saves the past few games. He does need to improve parts of his game but on his day he can be a match winner.
I honestly think he has real ability but wilts in pressure situations and has poor decision making skills. How you coach that into a person is anyone’s guess, but I think he will be dropped very soon. A real shame as he’s young, skilful and a bit of a character.
He makes way more great saves than the occasional slips he makes in my view.. Plus given the terrible players we have in this team at the moment, focusing on pickford seems to be totally missing the point.
I still think he will mature into a solid goalkeeper, people are so quick to jump onto his head, he's still only 25

Don't think he's one of our top issues in all honesty

Besides on that list Ederson is pretty low down and I think he's one of the best about

Additionally, the other 2 goalkeepers people rave over for England Pope and Heaton right down there too

Shame on you all for bashing Englands #1. Check out this list of all the Premier League keepers. Our JP is above the worlds most expensive keeper :coffee:

PREMIER LEAGUE SAVE PERCENTAGES
PL Keepers 2019-20 (Min 1000 Mins)Save Percentage
Alisson85.71
Henderson, Dean74.68
Guaita, Vicente73.33
Schmeichel, Kasper73.26
Dubravka, Martin73.13
Leno, Bernd72.58
Ryan, Mat70.94
Gazzaniga, Paulo70.89
Ramsdale, Aaron69.91
de Gea, David69.32
McCarthy, Alex69.09
Foster, Ben68.14
Ederson67.74
Krul, Tim66.37
Heaton, Tom66.02
Rui Patrício65.52
Pope, Nick64.15
Pickford, Jordan63.54
Arrizabalaga, Kepa55.56

To be honest I’m shocked Kepa has saved half his shots.

I mean look at where he dives when he tries to save the first shot, why would you dive into the back of the net? That leaves him with no chance to deal with the next shot before it goes over the line, utter clown.

3mui72.gif

Holy moly. Howard used to do that regularly, scary the way he’s basically morphed into him.

Martin keown got it right on motd Said Pickford is frantic and needs to calm down. Compared the calming influence David seaman had on the arsenal defence. Don't think ours has much confidence in Pickford
They don’t!i remember watching a stupid interview on you tube with gomes and walcott and they had to do an impression of there team mates and walcott did one of Pickford the way he shouts to them on the pitch and they were basically taking the Micky out of him at how irrational he gets and laughing that they can’t understand his accent.feel sorry for him people treat him like a idiot sometimes

Hate these type of head patting accounts.
Yes its a bit like when some middle ranking civil servant makes a big mistake and is thrust into the middle of a big scandal that wasn't really his/her fault.

They are all over the news, often a witch hunt transpires in the media. Alot of people will sympathise because the individual was trying to do his job and not court publicity just made a mistake.

HERE, we are talking about a 35million keeper who has played for England in World Cups and who struts around and screams/rants constantly. He makes basic errors game after game after game whether its England/Everton. He gets a tiny bit of stick in the media because most people dont watch him for 90 minutes every week - WE know how bad he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.