2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s certainly saved us on a number of occasions this season, but equally he’s let in some very saleable shots. Yesterday was no different. Definitely should have saved it.
Noticed him arguing with many of his colleagues yesterday too. Especially Keane.

Always nervous there is an error just about to happen with him. Saying that. I think that about all of our players.

I measure a keeper on good positioning, a cool head and the ability to command the box when a cross comes in. Call me old fashioned, shot stopping is for Hollywood keepers, if you’ve got the basics other things look after themselves. We had the 4th best defence last season even though we were hopeless for a good portion of the season which I lay a lot of the blame on his door.

Looking back a really think we made a booboo selling Robles,when he left us he had improved a heck of a lot, looked an imposing figure in nets too in comparison to Pickford who just looks well rather short!!Would we have been better off hanging on to Joel?Who knows?!!!
I totally agree, we got 7 million for Joel and spent 30 on Pickford and we needed a top quality striker. Another example of the tomfoolery of Koeman/Walsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.