2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate the lad, I don't hate any of our players, I hate some of their performances. I wish Pickford would knuckle down and be professional. Stop the nights out on the bevvy because when mistakes happen, inevitably every aspect of his conduct comes into question.

It's no good pulling off worldie saves if all your hard work is undone by your own buffoonery.

Correct. It's his position though. Make a mistake as a goal keeper and you're getting it in the neck.

If Everton are to improve, then the defence should improve so that the keeper isn't called on as often as Pickford is now. Will Pickford be able to have that type of concentration so he is alert even when he isn't involved in the game for long periods. This is my real doubt for him long term.
Exposed far to often by the defence. Some good individual performances in the back line at times, however, as a unit they often leave Pickford exposed and often.
Can't remember when we last had a settled back line (10 games). Much of goalkeeping is continuity, knowing your defenders...

The world "class save" against Benteke got very close to a star jump.
And if he didnt save it, its a cert you would have the world class experts on here saying he should have come out and saved it, no matter what some go over the top and never stop moaning,non stop moaning even when hes done nothing wrong and that is true,yes right about him for saturday but people who say every goal is his fault etc are crazy

I don't hate the lad, I don't hate any of our players, I hate some of their performances. I wish Pickford would knuckle down and be professional. Stop the nights out on the bevvy because when mistakes happen, inevitably every aspect of his conduct comes into question.

It's no good pulling off worldie saves if all your hard work is undone by your own buffoonery.
If he continues the night life in season Everton should look to move him on.. In my opinion a very expensive sportsman should not be out consuming alcohol, while training and playing. In particular ones that have not achieved anything apart from their own perspective, the large wage.

Myhre only went off the boil towards the end of his time here.

he also tried to catch the ball from Dion Dublins header that nearly relegated it, rather than just saving us, yet when Pickford tried to catch the ball at Anfield last season, some still cant forgive him

It was the right thing to do at the time though.

Unless of course Benteke had scored then it was wrong.
And yet Howard was pilloried for the same thing,fine dividing line for keepers.saved it so it was a cruciaol save at a crucial time in the game.Benteke scores he looks a chump.

Correct. It's his position though. Make a mistake as a goal keeper and you're getting it in the neck.

If Everton are to improve, then the defence should improve so that the keeper isn't called on as often as Pickford is now. Will Pickford be able to have that type of concentration so he is alert even when he isn't involved in the game for long periods. This is my real doubt for him long term.
But that’s the thing, we give up amongst the fewest shots in the league so to a point they are doing their job, yet he still has the 2nd worst save % in the league, so the few times he is called upon he lets us down

Status
Not open for further replies.