2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is good enough for Everton, he didn't have an 'unbelievable' world cup.

You can be petty and argue over semantics but the motivation is the same, to discredit him.

By "unbelievable" world cup - given how much you're commenting on that word, by that I can't imagine how Jordan Pickford could have had a better world cup - he had a battle on to be the #1. He got it, the knives were sharpened for him to be a scapegoat from the off - hysteria works both ways - he come out of it a national icon/hero.

I'm glad you now think he's good enough, a quick search and well, erm - at one point he wasn't much on Robles.

His start has been ropey as hell tbh, like most of our players. If Robles had done what Pickford did against Lyon and Watford (to a lesser extent) he would have got slaughtered for it.

Which is worrying as Pickford so far has shown he is no better. Of course he’s very young and I expect him to improve a lot over the years but as it stands, he’s not much better than Robles... or if he is then he’s not showing it.

Everyone raves about his passing and distribution when we sgned him, yet that’s probably been the most worrying area of his performances apart from his love of running out of the goal and getting mugged off every single time.

Pickford really isn’t that great, sorry.

You can be petty and argue over semantics but the motivation is the same, to discredit him.

By "unbelievable" world cup - given how much you're commenting on that word, by that I can't imagine how Jordan Pickford could have had a better world cup - he had a battle on to be the #1. He got it, the knives were sharpened for him to be a scapegoat from the off - hysteria works both ways - he come out of it a national icon/hero.

I'm glad you now think he's good enough, a quick search and well, erm - at one point he wasn't much on Robles.

All those quotes show is that im consistent with my views. One of them shows i wasn't entirely sold on him before the world cup thus disproving your assumption that his Liverpool blunder is the reason for me doubting him.

I think he can be good in long term but this season his form has been no better than Robles. You need to step up your vaulting skills :p

Think he's quality and am made up that both Silva and Southgate have swerved the shouts to drop him.Needs gametime and backing to get out of this poor form, performances like Sunday are a good start.

All those quotes show is that im consistent with my views. I think he can be good but this season his form has been no better than Robles. You need to step up your vaulting skills :p

Those quotes are from November 2017 - not this season, the season he was universally Everton's player of the season.

Consistent views isn't always necessarily a good thing either - a number on here make their opinion early doors and don't budge on it/become blinkered.

Those quotes are from November 2017 - not this season, the season he was universally Everton's player of the season.

Yes, i wasn't entirely sold on him back then either but always said he was young and had potential. He was our best player in an awful season but he still did things which made me think he had mistakes in him.

Consistent views isn't always necessarily a good thing either - a number on here make their opinion early doors and don't budge on it. You know, like saying Pickford is no better than Robles.

But why would my views change for the better given his form this season ? His form has gone downhill relative to last season, it seems logical that my view would remain what it was before... young with potential, but has mistakes in him.

He is underlying a brilliant goalkeeper with a current brain of immature, erratic, playful, showboating, unfocused, easily provoked mindsets undermining him. He needs to be disciplined and educated so he realised his irresponsible behaviour causes heartbreaks and galliant efforts of his war mates to go down in drain in a split second of impulsive mediocrity. In other words, he needs to grow up.

He is underlying a brilliant goalkeeper with a current brain of immature, erratic, playful, showboating, unfocused, easily provoked mindsets undermining him. He needs to be disciplined and educated so he realised his irresponsible behaviour causes heartbreaks and galliant efforts of his war mates to go down in drain in a split second of impulsive mediocrity. In other words, he needs to grow up.

Are you ok mate?

Good keeper and no doubt about it. I will not be responsible for any edginess in my opinion of him. I don't understand the agenda against him. We know he can and will get better and some aspects of his game can and will improve but that applies to every keeper that has existed. He is still very young for a keeper to be this good and I only see him maturing into a better keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.