2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he keeps 10 clean sheets in the Prem please pm me!

CSYkPr1WcAAER_O.jpg

His start has been ropey as hell tbh, like most of our players. If Robles had done what Pickford did against Lyon and Watford (to a lesser extent) he would have got slaughtered for it.

Still prefer a GK who comes out and challenges a striker rather than standing on the goal line.

Literally every professional goalie in the game does this...

Other than the school playground when have you ever seen a keeper stay on his line in a one on one situation ?

I will wait for your pm in English!

There is no correlation between a keeper being vocal and keeping clean sheets.

I sit directly behind the goal and have heard Pickford more than I ever did Joel. Joel was louder than Howard and the Stek, mind.

I also sat in the Main Stand on Sunday, could hear Pickford all the way up there.

There is no correlation between a keeper being vocal and keeping clean sheets.

I sit directly behind the goal and have heard Pickford more than I ever did Joel. Joel was louder than Howard and the Stek, mind.

I also sat in the Main Stand on Sunday, could hear Pickford all the way up there.
You should have done he ran so far out most times for the game - still young, but v Lyon taking him out for Robles would have helped him v Watford?

We will see how good Pickford is when he has a solid defence in front of him, and he has to pull off a worldie after 90 mins to win the game, after he hasnt had anything to do for 89mins. A top goalkeeper concentrates for the full 90. Southall was a classic for this, as were the likes of Shilton, Clemence and Schmiechel.

I’m not a goalkeeping expert by any means, but in the incident where he rushed out and the Watford player took it round him then missed I’m not sure he deserves too much criticism.

He at least made the striker do something. Forced him wide into a tight angle and had him taking it at full speed, forcing the miss. I’d rather Pickford do that than stand on his line and wait for it to fly past him.

We will see how good Pickford is when he has a solid defence in front of him, and he has to pull off a worldie after 90 mins to win the game, after he hasnt had anything to do for 89mins. A top goalkeeper concentrates for the full 90. Southall was a classic for this, as were the likes of Shilton, Clemence and Schmiechel.

He gave us a glimpse of that in the Stoke
game, any of our keepers of the last 10 years and we probably only get a point

Status
Not open for further replies.