2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he was legitimately fantastic. There's a reason he got the England number one slot off the back of his performances here.
Really, despite conceding 70 goals and conceding at a worse rate than Joel and even stek has over the years.

And he only got England position because Heaton and butland where coming off serious injuries, Pope had a much better season than him but wasn't as fashionable as the lad that can do an athletic looking dive and a fancy sidekick out of play

Really, despite conceding 70 goals and conceding at a worse rate than Joel and even stek has over the years.

And he only got England position because Heaton and butland where coming off serious injuries, Pope had a much better season than him but wasn't as fashionable as the lad that can do an athletic looking dive and a fancy sidekick out of play

Nope - came in against Germany, was brilliant, then held down his position.

Not sure if wumming but if not it's a remarkable rewrite of history.

Southgate genuinely seems to pick the players he thinks are best for the role, regardless of the club they play for or how fashionable they are

It's what's so refreshing about him as an England manager

Southgate genuinely seems to pick the players he thinks are best for the role, regardless of the club they play for or how fashionable they are

Maybe in giving them a chance he's does but i think he like any manager does develope favourites and persist with them more often than not

Which is why I think Pickford may very well find himself on the bench for the next Ingerland game.

Hopefully it`ll let some of the air of out of his head.

I see it's his turn to take the brunt of anger.

At least it's some relief for Seamus Coleman and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

We're a fickle fan base.

We shouldn't expect an ounce of loyalty from players when none of it is given as supporters. Fans turn on players in a heartbeat.

He's 25, he has 10+ years in the game and is a very good 'keeper. We just need to give him genuine competition and bring in a managerial setup that can actually set a team up to defend. His likelihood for error is significantly higher under Marco Silva because of the amount of chances we allow. Again, 17 attempts Newcastle managed against this side.

Agree with you that we shouldn’t just get rid and bring in actual competition.

I think he doesn’t deserve a lot of blame for Newcastle though, when a keeper looks as gone as he was it unsettles the defence and away from home really gets the crowd sensing blood which is difficult for any team away.

I thought we looked like we were containing Newcastle at 2-1 and still breaking upfield but after his error for 2-2 there was only ever gonna be one winner.

Less than a year ago, he was our player of the year and England's number one and player of the tournament.

He's just turned 25 years old. He's nowhere near his peak.

Yes, he's been poor, but the criticism he's receiving is without context and, frankly, ridiculous.

If this is how Evertonians treat our player of the year who is also a goalkeeper with limitless potential, then you get what you deserve.

In that case let's give schneiderlein a free pass eh... in fact let's recall mirallas and anyone else who looked good for a bit before deciding they weren't arsed anymore.

There's nothing as thoroughly unlikeable as misplaced arrogance and overconfidence. His behaviour is beyond pathetic and he needs to be punted from the club. If that's the way they get on up there then it's no surprise Sunderland are in the third tier. A bit of humility goes a long way in sport. If he wants to live his life as a ladbible parody of a top flight goalkeeper then he can enjoy trips to Burton and Barnsley away with his Mackems.

How do I like this twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.