2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

Certain media pundits were pilloried on here for saying he was “too small” to be a really top class keeper in the modern day game.

That incident today perfectly illustrates the point.

Now, he is a very good goalkeeper no doubt but his lack of inches will always stop him becoming a great one.

Tell that to Neville Southall, Peter Shilton and Gordon Banks. The goals were the same size in those days as far as I know. Those 3 would be classed as world class back in the day.

Pickford did nothing wrong - afterall, his save earlier cancelled out that catastrophe in the last second of the game.

That's alright then.

A gutting 1-0 loss to that 'kin lot can be rationalised now. He's a great keeper etc etc etc Just hope he bounces back for the equally massive game against Newcastle etc etc etc.

Not sure he was trying to do that. I think he was over confidence, trying to catch the ball then maybe wanted to counter attack the RS with a long pass with 30s to go.
I agree that’s a possibility, though I would have thought that when he sees that ball looping in like that and Origi coming in, the only thing on his mind is to stop it coming back in and make sure it goes over. Planning ahead for a one handed catch and counter attack seems unlikely.

Two derby catastrophes.

You dont come back from that. This fixture has defined him as a GK already.

No way back.

That's way too far up the drama scale for you...I'm actually surprised. We'll be fine.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.