2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s under the spotlight a bit more this season because of the World Cup. Needs to just calm it down a bit and stick to doing the simple things and not try to pull off these Hollywood saves all the time.

Still a good keeper and I’m sure he’ll continue to grow as the season progresses.

I do wish he’d stop launching the ball forward, usually ending up out of play, all the time, though!
Had his head filled with BS from pundits about what "a great distributer he is".

He isn't.

Some of the cry arses on here what's wrong with you .Love to moan and whine about everything you must be a joy to sit by at the match .lighten up we have a good young goalie
Some are just desperate for the lad to fail.
Hard to see any part of the discussion as a wanting to fail or crying for cryings sake. We have seen two not really outstanding performances from Pickford this season. And he's been a subject for debate in both games now,for good reason.If he continues the rate of mistakes he's at now it will cost us lots of points against far better opposition. And what's with his distribution lately. It was spot on a few months ago wasn't it?

WHICH KEEPEE SHALL WE BUY YOU ABSOLUTE WEIRDOS?!

THERE MUST BE A KEEPER OUT THERE WHO WILL NEVER MAKE A MISTAKE AND WILL DEFINITELY WANT TO JOIN US.

UTFT
I dont hinlk that's what's being said here. We all (me included) recognise his worth to Everton, and we all can see how he can get even better and be of more value to us.

But this lad's head isn't right, and it's justifiable to point that out.

I actually think it's a weak area of his game. Don't know where the myth that he's good at it has come from.

Still, he's only 24 and has plenty of time to improve.
Glenn-Hoddle-605958.jpg

Or, or, or, maybe, just maybe, our coach has issues some instructions about quick distribution?

Nah, can't be, defo pundits, as Jordan is with 7IQ.
Has he? Wll maybe he should tell him only to do them when he's in control of the ball and not under prerssure when releasing it...and tries harder to find a blue shirt.

Looked to me at the time that Southampton could have possibly had a penalty in the first half when Pickford dived at the feet of one of Southampton players (think it was Ings) but appeared to get the man not the ball. Only saw it quickly at the match and haven’t seen a replay so it may not have been a foul.
Generally not great so far, should’ve saved Wolves free kick, spilled a routine save before having to pull off an amazing reaction save. Hopefully just a bit ring rusty and he’ll improve.
I wasn't crazy about his preseason tardiness, tbh.

That mental Ings fumble and recovery save was a classic moment of your strengths outweighing your weaknesses, thought it was a certain goal that. So far I blame him for the direct free kick against Wolves but he’s been good apart from that.

His distribution is hit or miss because he’s trying more than most keepers. How many balls were pinged straight onto Richarlison’s head yesterday which were then nodded down to Tosun? Yeah a couple of them were a bit overhit but if you don’t try something special you don’t get anything special. I’d rather this than always passing direct to the CB like Arsenal are this season for example

He’s had no pre season (due to him being the best English keeper about) and 2 competitive games FFS,
I’d imagine lack of sharpness/fitness/form is applicable to keepers as well as outfield players,never cease to amaze me some of the weapons on here.

That mental Ings fumble and recovery save was a classic moment of your strengths outweighing your weaknesses, thought it was a certain goal that. So far I blame him for the direct free kick against Wolves but he’s been good apart from that.

His distribution is hit or miss because he’s trying more than most keepers. How many balls were pinged straight onto Richarlison’s head yesterday which were then nodded down to Tosun? Yeah a couple of them were a bit overhit but if you don’t try something special you don’t get anything special. I’d rather this than always passing direct to the CB like Arsenal are this season for example
That was a GK merely scrambling to do something...anything in order to retrieve a situation. It was desperation and he got lucky.

A cuter finisher than Ings just lifts that over a GK going down.

That was a GK merely scrambling to do something...anything in order to retrieve a situation. It was desperation and he got lucky.

A cuter finisher than Ings just lifts that over a GK going down.
God mate your negativity does my head in. He made a mistake like any player does. It happens yet he recovered and made a brilliant save. That’s it. The lad is a great keeper. Some people need to get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.