2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not a good “challenge” lets be honest.

Any player does that against us and we are up in arms.

We got some luck, lets take it and move on.
He kicked the ball mate. Not even a foul. Football is getting ridiculous now. You are going to make contact with people on the follow through of kicking the ball or tackling. It happens.

Normally I am not great on hyperbole but I think this case may call for it. Can you imagine the outcry if Pickford had pulled out of that challenge and let Ings in. He would have been pilloried. Personally I am happy with my keeper making challenges and protecting himself.
I watched it carefully and I think Ings' momentum takes him into Pickford every bit as much as Pickford's momentum takes him into Ings. Football is a game played at pace, there are challenges between players, every so often there wil be a coming together which cannot be avoided, this was one such coming together. The referee got this one correct.
I like to think of myself as a fair minded person, I will accept that I will see things through slightly blue tinged glasses but I won't try to defend the indefensible, if an Everton player cheats I will say so.
As for what Hughes said after the match, what did anyone expect him to say. Did we think he wouldhave come out and give an honest assessment of his team. Was he ever going to come out and say "I know I said that this was a good time to play Everton, but I got that wrong, they completely outplayed us. We are in trouble already, this reminds me of the job I did at Stoke. Normally I try to look for excuses when my team is beaten, normally at this point I would be blaming somebody else for the fact that I am a one dimensional manager, if Plan A doesn't work then I am out of ideas. Well done Everton well done Marco".

Happy with his contribution so far?

Waves a Wolves equaliser into the net and sets up a golden opportunity for Ings yesterday with a terrible save that underlined he isn't focussing on the ball, then he trys to break the ribs of Ings and conspire to put us down to 10 men.

This feller is out of control.
Looked to me at the time that Southampton could have possibly had a penalty in the first half when Pickford dived at the feet of one of Southampton players (think it was Ings) but appeared to get the man not the ball. Only saw it quickly at the match and haven’t seen a replay so it may not have been a foul.
Generally not great so far, should’ve saved Wolves free kick, spilled a routine save before having to pull off an amazing reaction save. Hopefully just a bit ring rusty and he’ll improve.

He kicked the ball mate. Not even a foul. Football is getting ridiculous now. You are going to make contact with people on the follow through of kicking the ball or tackling. It happens.

When he kicks the ball it is a great challenge... but when he inexplicably leaves the floor and follows through on Ings then it does become a straight red for dangerous play and he got lucky...

All very ‘kopite-is’ these explanations of innocence.

Ings momentum threw his back onto the studds of Pickford....if anything is a foul on our lad.

The thing that annoyed me about that challenge....is that I'm pretty sure certain pundits were claiming jagielkas was at worst a yellow .. yet this one was a sending off.

Both challenges are of a similar level for me. Both players committing to win the ball...both unfortunately catching with the follow through. To be fair with Ings....he wasn't giving it up easily so he's put his body on the line....but why that should be used against Jordan I don't know.

How many strikers would have slowed down and turned their back ? Then this 'foul' wouldn't have been committed.

Yes you can say it was out of control for leaving the floor after the kick...but you can't foresee someone running straight into you...even though you can see from a mile away they're gonna kick it like Pickford did .

Love pickford but he was dodgy yesterday. The foul that could have been the pen o Austin where he might have dived and he spilled a shot and dropped it to someone who hit the bar ( haven't seen anything on Tele yet so not sure what's what) but he was dodgy yesterday

Still.boss tho

The crybabying in here cos one of ours might have accidently left a little something on one of theirs.
On Danny Ings.
Dogs of war anyone?
Or this glorious hot world cup summer just passed that you were able to enjoy thanks to one Sergio Ramos.
This whinging is unbecoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.