2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with his contribution so far?

Waves a Wolves equaliser into the net and sets up a golden opportunity for Ings yesterday with a terrible save that underlined he isn't focussing on the ball, then he trys to break the ribs of Ings and conspire to put us down to 10 men.

This feller is out of control.

Yeah you're right Dave. The lads' an absolute car crash. GET OUT OF MY CLUB PICKERS

Sitting in the Street End I couldn't see that fly kick in any sort of clarity.
That was reckless to say the least having seen it on TV. He won the ball alright but seemed he had an agenda to decapitate Ings with a scissor kick.
He does seem to thrive on nervous energy and he makes me nervous for sure.

It seems some would prefer him to stay on his line so he can then be criticsed for not commanding his goal area. Good grief. Lets bring back Howard and the star jumps.

He seems to be a bit rusty after breaks. He felt his way gradually into the world cup and I wonder if it'll be the case with this season too.

There has never been a keeper alive who didn’t cost his team at some point. Any mistake by a keeper (usually) results in a goal. It’s the nature of the position. And some goals are just unstoppable.

JP is an excellent young keeper. Yes, he often looks a bit over excited, but that’s maybe what gives him those rapid reflexes. Yes, he spilled a fairly routine catch (maybe facing into the Sun didn’t help?), but the recovery was something else. I was convinced Ings had just hit the bar, it was that fast.

He makes more good saves than mistakes & is probably the 4th or 5th best keeper in the league, so let’s have some perspective.

I look forward to a long relationship with him at the club.
It's universally accepted keepers take a while to reach their peak and this lad has the capability to go a long way.
He'll steady himself I'm sure.

I respect your assessment.

I get what you're saying - he was hyped up out of all proportion by the media and pundits during the World Cup, and it's an easy assumption to make that he might be believing the hype.

But I simply don't see that translating to a negative or laissez-faire attitude on the pitch to date. He simply spilled a catch today - stuff happens; and he then made a brilliant stop to recover the situation.

I get what you're saying - he was hyped up out of all proportion by the media and pundits during the World Cup, and it's an easy assumption to make that he might be believing the hype.

But I simply don't see that translating to a negative or laissez-faire attitude on the pitch to date. He simply spilled a catch today - stuff happens; and he then made a brilliant stop to recover the situation.
...runnng out=side his box against Wolves and then arguing with his captain about doing it. There are definite signs there that he's thinking of himself as a big fish in a small pond. For me he's not that good. He needs to get his head down and work at concentrating for 90 minutes.

Happy with his contribution so far?

Waves a Wolves equaliser into the net and sets up a golden opportunity for Ings yesterday with a terrible save that underlined he isn't focussing on the ball, then he trys to break the ribs of Ings and conspire to put us down to 10 men.

This feller is out of control.

"Out of control"

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.