“Apart from the Newcastle game, I’ve been doing well"

No lessons learned by this divvy.

DAFT
AS
A
'KIN
BRUSH

Get shut.
When did he say this? If he did, he’s an utter fool.

he's had a better season than your man marco yet you still choose to back him, why don't you back pickford the same way?
Him being terrible might have some correlation with our place in the table, which is a big part of how we judge a manager, no? Not saying Marco is perfect, but how is he as a manager going to succeed with the team when his shot stopper is capable of league 1 level performances on the reg? Might say he should have brought another keeper in august, but if he had dropped Jordan after the WC fans in here would go insane.

Last edited:
When did he say this? If he did, he’s an utter fool.

Him being terrible might have some correlation with our place in the table, which is a big part of how we judge a manager, no? Not saying Marco is perfect, but how is he as a manager going to succeed with the team when his shot stopper is capable of league 1 level performances on the reg? Might say he should have brought another keeper in august, but if he had dropped Jordan after the WC fans in here would go insane.

Couple of bits that stand out.

What an arrogant little bellend.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has defended his form after manager Gareth Southgate said he would start England's Euro 2020 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

"I don't know why people are questioning it so much," he said.

"I know I made an error against Newcastle and a couple of errors before that. You know yourself if you are doing well and I think my form shouldn't be getting questioned.

We have a fantastic goalkeeper,every keeper will make a mistake or 3,and that is EVERY keeper even the ones the press etc make out never do,no keeper every goes without making one,before, now or ever.

Couple of bits that stand out.

What an arrogant little bellend.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has defended his form after manager Gareth Southgate said he would start England's Euro 2020 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

"I don't know why people are questioning it so much," he said.

"I know I made an error against Newcastle and a couple of errors before that. You know yourself if you are doing well and I think my form shouldn't be getting questioned.

Reminds me of the time Tim Howard lashed out at his critics by saying they know nothing because none of them had played the game at the level he had.

Come off it...

What do you expect him to say? Of course he's going to deflect it.

First season at Everton he was Everton's player of the season. He then had an unbelievable world cup.

Sure, his form has been iffy the past month but that's football. He acknowledged the bad'un vs Newcastle but then talked himself up, and rightly so.

He's only being scrutinised so much regarding England because he plays for Everton, and the North East journos baying for his blood because he's Jordan Pickford...

Come off it...

What do you expect him to say? Of course he's going to deflect it.

First season at Everton he was Everton's player of the season. He then had an unbelievable world cup.

Sure, his form has been iffy the past month but that's football. He acknowledged the bad'un vs Newcastle but then talked himself up, and rightly so.

He's only being scrutinised so much regarding England because he plays for Everton, and the North East journos baying for his blood because he's Jordan Pickford...

View attachment 56102

Disagree. I was taught to apologise when I made a mistake, not "talk myself up". I would have liked a statement like "I know where I need to improve and will do my upmost not to let myself, the club and the fans down".

Westham
RS
Newcastle x 2
Off the top of my head
Let’s not forget he got away with the pen too

Lets go back;

He’s made more mistakes leading to goals than any other keeper in the league mate .

While true, while disappointing - let's also be fair. I'm just including some actual context behind what you've claimed.

Officially, he's made one more mistake leading to goals than Alisson and Leno, and two more than De Gea;

Disagree. I was taught to apologise when I made a mistake, not "talk myself up". I would have liked a statement like "I know where I need to improve and will do my upmost not to let myself, the club and the fans down".

What would that do? Did it make you feel any better after the derby when he apologised?

“I just want to say sorry to the Everton fans. I think you could see our progression as a group, the chances we created and the football we played.

I will say sorry to the Everton fans again because I know how much it means to them. As players, we know how much it means to us. You make mistakes every now and again. It’s not something you can learn and train and get better from. It’s just a freak incident.”

He shouldn't be wallowing in self pity and self doubt, Everton players have had far to much of that over the years.

The ingrained agenda and festering because he made a bad mistake in a derby and that he comes across as arrogant/confident - heaven forbid an Everton player be self assured.

We loved him when he shushed Newcastle fans at Goodison, but he become public enemy number one when it backfired in a team shambles at St James.

Status
Not open for further replies.