2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it was obvious last season even when 'he was decent'...which he wasn't, btw.

The lad has loose cannon Gazza type running right through him. No one ever outgrows that. so all the "he's only 24/25" shouts are utter baloney.

He'll be like an overgrown schoolkid making schoolboy errors when he's 35.

Just cut our losses and get him down the road.

I'm starting to dislike him, certainly. He's one of those keepers that the defenders don't trust and it shows. He needs to be dropped, Southgate needs to drop him and he needs to get down off his undeserved high horse.

To me, it was obvious last season even when 'he was decent'...which he wasn't, btw.

The lad has loose cannon Gazza type running right through him. No one ever outgrows that. so all the "he's only 24/25" shouts are utter baloney.

Have to say it, but after that calamitous showing today, at the very, very least he needs to be dropped.
And we need a hardnose goalie coach to kick him up the backside... and if that doesn't work, then maybe he does need to be gone.
I'm so annoyed at losing that game and it's largely down to Pickford and his woeful decision making and - as Dave says - schoolboy errors.

Have to say it, but after that calamitous showing today, at the very, very least he needs to be dropped.
And we need a hardnose goalie coach to kick him up the backside... and if that doesn't work, then maybe he does need to be gone.
I'm so annoyed at losing that game and it's largely down to Pickford and his woeful decision making and - as Dave says - schoolboy errors.

He will never be any different mate, no matter if Buffon and Peter Schmeichel were coaching him.

Hel;s just a wrongun. A kid in his head and a huge bottler.

Spot on this. I've defended him in the past and I think he has his qualities but he has cost us points this year with his attitude.

I don't trust him anymore, since the Liverpool game and now matter how many saves he makes, you always feel like he's got a howler coming.

Clemence, Shilton, Martyn, Seaman. We used to have good goalkeepers until the last decade or so.
Clemence and Shilton yes, but Seaman? That guy wasnt a calamity but nothing special either. Martyn did nothing on an international level.
So that makes 2 very good and 2 half decent keepers in 4 decades! Hardly an advertisment for the english keeper school.

Yes, yes, and thrice yes.

He needs dropping and then punting.

The time for Silva to swing the axe was well before this stage too..
As you know I've almost totally backed him even the Anfield derby.
Cant back him any more , he comes across as very immature he was more interested in the crowd than doing his job.
His lack of proffessionalism cost us big time today ,the defence have no faith whatsoever in him.
The Almiron shot any keeper pushes it over the bar its not hard at all.
The Rondon foul he has to catch that , again any keeper does that.
Decent shotstopper when he doesnt have time to think but put a ball in the air anywhere near him and he turns into a flapping panic merchant.
No cant defend him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.