2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely can't believe an Everton fan, who has just seen us lose 10/16, can come out with this.

He was performing worse than Koeman, which says it all really.
The Geordiefication of this club's supporters is a matter of shame.

Look, he's been here MONTHS. Give the man time. We're 9th in the table and can easily finish 7th if we play well from now until the end of the season.

Look, he's been here MONTHS. Give the m an time. We're 9th in the table and can easily finish 7th if we play well from now until the end of the season.

We.could have easily finished 7th had we not sacked Koeman and played well from the Arsenal game on. It's all ifs and maybes. The man has shown us next to nothing to suggest he can manage a club that wants more than mid-table.

If you want to back him that's up to you but stop trying to rewrite recent history. You're the same with Martinez.

No he hasn't. He's shown more ability to get us playing football than most Everton managers of the recent past. We're top half of the table after two years of Koemageddon. We really shouldn't be expecting any more than this position in the table in his first season. And at all his clubs he's shown an ability to match and even beat the "big clubs".

For that, you bet I back him 100%.

He shown he can get us playing football? We had a decent start ( nothing more) but have you watched us for the past 2/3 months? No better than koeman and allardyce

Hes shown ability to beat the big clubs? Mate he's got 3 points against teams in the top half of the table in 28 games hahahahahahahha

Look, he's been here MONTHS. Give the man time. We're 9th in the table and can easily finish 7th if we play well from now until the end of the season.
No, Dave, it’s seeing things for what it is. Do you think going out of cup competitions to Southampton and Millwall, coupled with our league form, is acceptable?

We can also easily finish 14th. We shouldn’t be trying to fight off Watford and Wolves for a place in the Top 7.

We.could have easily finished 7th had we not sacked Koeman and played well from the Arsenal game on. It's all ifs and maybes. The man has shown us next to nothing to suggest he can manage a club that wants more than mid-table.

If you want to back him that's up to you but stop trying to rewrite recent history. You're the same with Martinez.

lollollol I’m screaming. No we could not. That fat gimpoid had us 19th.

People really don't remember how bad Howard was at the end do they. Sigh.

Also as I said before, Stekelenburg was first choice at the start of Koemans first season, so qualifies as a first team goalkeeper. He was worse than Pickford.
Howards last season was better than Pickfords current one based on stats. Take it for what its worth.
Stek might be worse, yes, but it wouldnt be by much of a margin. I havent checked, but I wouldnt be shocked if his stats since joining Everton is better than Jordans.

Thats fair actually. Worst first choise is what i ment. THow was head and shoulders above Pickford 95% of his time with us. His last, horrid season was on par with Jordans current one. Thing is, THow was old, obviously getting to the end of his career when he turned bad. Pickford is supposed to be closing in on his prime, yet is equally bad.
Head and shoulders above Pickford? Words fail me......let's blame Pickford for the whole of our season shall we? To compare Howard's last season with this one is just ludicrous. Yes his error in the derby was awful but there is too much scapegoating going on here......good job you never saw Dai the drop Davies, David Lawson, George Wood at al........your head would have fallen off by now

After MONTHS Martinez had us looking like a solid side, Koeman after MONTHS had us looking good even thou he had to follow an idiot, both without the budget that Silva has spent.
Yes i know that Martinez had it easy because he took over from the well organised Moyes, and Silva has had to follow three idiots, but even so, dont forget the biggest problem with Silva, his his way of defending is of his own choice.
Either way lets just hope the players, mainly Pickford, dont let us down on Sunday, because once out on the pitch there on there own

Hope he has a blinder Sunday and breaks the RS hearts

I hope he doesn’t get the chance to have a blinder.

I hope he only gets to touch the ball at all because one of his own men passes it back to him.

I hope he is little more than a spectator on Sunday.

That’s what I hope :dance:

Last edited:

Martinez got 5th with a load of Moyes stiffs playing magnificent football, so there's no comparison there.

However, Silva's been sabotaged here at Everton with Brands failing twice to get a decent goal scorer in for him to use.

I think Siva has shown he can get a team set up against very good sides and I;d like to see what he can do with a second window to add to his first...and this upcoming window should really be the third he's onto.

No, Dave, it’s seeing things for what it is. Do you think going out of cup competitions to Southampton and Millwall, coupled with our league form, is acceptable?

We can also easily finish 14th. We shouldn’t be trying to fight off Watford and Wolves for a place in the Top 7.
It's all about contrext. Anyone coming in after Koeman's demolition of the club needs time if we're about to start playing good football again. Allardyce was someone who approached the task by anti-football and a commitment to reducing any football on the pitch by either the opposition or us.

This is a job that'll take more than 7 months.

Martinez got 5th with a load of Moyes stiffs playing magnificent football, so there's no comparison there.

However, Silva's been sabotaged here at Everton with Brands failing twice to get a decent goal scorer in for him to use.

I think Siva has shown he can get a team set up against very good sides and I;d like to see what he can do with a second window to add to his first...and this upcoming window should really be the third he's onto.

We could always try Walcott up front, its his best position after all.

Number one target for being hounded out? Not at all. Nothing on here matters a rap except to let off steam. Fortunately we have no influence on who goes or stays. Good fun though, picking favourites and villains. He is neither to me. Just an inbetween like all of the rest of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.