2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Davek, you don't rate Pickford, we've got the message. So, who would get to replace him?.As an expert on goalkeeping you must have an opinion.

Nah. You're being unreasonable as per.

I will continue to call him out if he continues to make gaffes and play without a brain.

But I will not make stuff up to try and claim it was just pure luck if he makes good saves and keeps the ball out of his net for 90 minutes.
Is the correct way of going about it.

Good on you mate.

Pickford had 45 minutes off his normal game today. It seems to have conned a few people.

How's it conned people. I'm far from convinced it will lead to a sustained run of good performances and regular clean sheets. But I'll wait and see what happens over the next while before jumping to conclusions.

His form hasn't been good enough. More days like today is what he needs. He's more than capable if he plays sensibly and doesn't let his ego get the better of him.

Overall Pick did well but took another big risk charging out at a pivotal moment and today it worked. When it works it looks spectacular. When it doesn't it can cost a goal. These are the decisions where he often chooses the spectacular over the safe. Another example is where he seemed to try to catch in the derby instead of pushing it over the bar. Over the course of a season it means he costs the team several goals but will also have several moments where he's been spectacular.

Pickford had 45 minutes off his normal game today. It seems to have conned a few people.
New sprog on the way
England #1
My head would be dizzy to. He's like marmite to me sometimes you want to run on the pitch and strangle the sod! Next week you want to run on and kiss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.