2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I more or less expected the selection, but the Belgian also had a few scary moments.
Would have been nice to applaud Pickford as the Golden Glove winner though.
Traditionally goalies get a decent reception from opposition fans on their own patch I will watch with interest this coming season.

Not going to happen ..but how much do you reckon Pickford would go for if say Madrid or someone came in for him?

I haven't been on this forum for a few weeks or read back on here. Pickford had a good world cup, and he will hopefully continue to improve. His shot stopping and reaction saves were impressive. One area of concern was in the second half, I thought his distribution was pretty poor TBH. He hoofed it out into a Croatian head or into touch several times of panic, putting us under pressure. Not entirely his fault as our midfield was poor, especially second half. I'm not meaning to stick the boot in, but does his distribution need to improve?

I wouldn’t wana sell him for anything less than 80 because what’s the point in selling for a plus 20m profit, can’t buy anything with that.

He’s under contract for 4 more years so we don’t really need to sell until another 2 years when he’s in the driving seat, I’d rather keep.

I haven't been on this forum for a few weeks or read back on here. Pickford had a good world cup, and he will hopefully continue to improve. His shot stopping and reaction saves were impressive. One area of concern was in the second half, I thought his distribution was pretty poor TBH. He hoofed it out into a Croatian head or into touch several times of panic, putting us under pressure. Not entirely his fault as our midfield was poor, especially second half. I'm not meaning to stick the boot in, but does his distribution need to improve?

Its normally very strong, but it does have its moments.

Hes capable of pinging a 70 yard pass to somebody 1 minute and skanking it to row Z the next.

So yes, as with other areas, it could be improved.

When it’s on his right foot, yeah. It can be a bit poor.

Usually pretty, pretty spectacular on his left.

No way we’re selling him this summer.

Not unless someone comes in with a bid of £100m or something stupid like that.

Didn’t let us down WOW. You should stick to NFL mate. He was bang average and cost us every season.
I love the way people go on about it was the last couple of seasons and forget about the Shaun Wright Phillips header in the league cup semi v Chelsea in 2008. Or lampards winner in 2009. Which by the way, any average keeper would have saved. And who knows maybe we win the cup.

Obviously they were errors in high profile games, but he made plenty every season. I honestly believe if Moyes had money, he would have got rid after the cup final.

And I was over the moon we signed Pickford and I’ve never criticised him, he will make mistakes he’s young, but he’s done more in one season than Howard did in 10. Did Howard. Ever get our player of the year.
Like you said Howard was fine, well Fine isn’t good enough.
LOL, you have totally lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.