2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I don’t think being over confident is the same as having a bad attitude, but he does need to be more professional if he’s going to get the very top.
He hasn't got that in him. Poor decision making is only half of it. He just doesn't react well in the box and save as many as he should do. I ALWAYS accept that if the opposition are as near to the goal as the penalty spot it's a goal. He has no presence.

He lacks reactions, mobility and athleticism. He's just a bang average PL GK.

England 3-1 up in Spain but our friends at the BBC choose to focus on this.

Attachments

• 74F8C78B-173C-4986-BDAD-8BB268233DA3.jpeg
    74F8C78B-173C-4986-BDAD-8BB268233DA3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 182
He hasn't got that in him. Poor decision making is only half of it. He just doesn't react well in the box and save as many as he should do. I ALWAYS accept that if the opposition are as near to the goal as the penalty spot it's a goal. He has no presence.

Same height as Southall yet looks half the size. Hate crosses going into the box

He is the best we have had since Nigel Martyn but he is not the second coming of big Nev

I personally think we should have got shot of him when his stock was high after the world cup. I don't think he is the level required to get us to where we want to be.

He is capable of the odd great save but has too many flaws for me that will lose us points in the long run. I would even have stekelenburg ahead of him. Pickford is very overrated after one good tournament

what is it with people saying get rid of him etc,dont get that at all,even more so the ones that say get pope lol do we just want to let go of all our decent players just for the sake of it

I personally think we should have got shot of him when his stock was high after the world cup. I don't think he is the level required to get us to where we want to be.

He is capable of the odd great save but has too many flaws for me that will lose us points in the long run. I would even have stekelenburg ahead of him. Pickford is very overrated after one good tournament

Calling him is fine , although we disagree. However your comment re Stelkenburg is frankly ridiculous in my view.

..I think the moment of daftness tonight was unprofessional. His team have just conceded, his team are still winning so it’s the time to take no risk. Think of the moment, think of winning, be professional.

A mistake is unprofessional? He recovered fairly well, is that being professional once more?

Any Everton related examples? Made it sound like it's an on-going thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.