2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been clamouring for him to get a chance

Thought he did alright. No more, no less.

Didn't make as many of his trademark overlapping runs as I've seen him do for England and the U23s, maybe he was first and foremost concerned with not making mistakes, which would be understandable

All in all did well enough to warrant another chance, maybe against Limassol next week

If you hear Koemans comments about kids, he is very quick to always play them down. Not until late in last season when Davies was shining did he start to claim how good he was bringing the young players through.
Barkley is an example of giving one young player stick while he refuses to single out other individuals.
For the first 6 months of last season everybody new Tom DAvies was ready, but Koeman opted to pick the likes of Cleverley and even Gibson (league cup 1st game) ahead of him. It wasent until late december/early january were he had no choice he put him in.
Mason Holgate- some of our best form last season was playing a back 3 of Holgate/Williams/Mori, Holgate got the run around vrs Arnautovic for the first half as stoke decided to target playing the ball between Holgate & Williams, Koeman changed it and hasent used him in a back 3 since (in my opinion a back 3 only works with Holgate in it as it needs someone with pace).
At the earliest point also, Koeman has taken these 2 out of the team at any chance possible (Davies after signing a clutch of midfielders, Holgate after signing Martina/the second Coleman returned/after one poor performance vrs Stoke).

I was listening to a podcast this week were the french guy on it said he was very close to our bench on Sunday, so close he could here the Koeman brothers complaining about Davies "not following instruction", hence the reson they dragged him off despite him being arguably our best player.

The Koeman gives kids a chance statement is a myth, he looks down on them, refuses to praise them and singles them out after mistakes, despite not doing this to senior players.
Any of the kids that make it at everton during Koemans rein at everton will be despite him and because of there excellent midset and ability, not because of him

Not sure I agree mate. (almost) Literally everyone else in the world tells these young bloods how amazing they are. Agents, family, friends, media (sometimes), fans. They have money, fame, pop star girlfriends.

Having their boss tell them when they've ballsed it up isn't necessarily a bad thing. Though I would rather Koeman told senior players the same as well, when they quite clearly have.

If you hear Koemans comments about kids, he is very quick to always play them down. Not until late in last season when Davies was shining did he start to claim how good he was bringing the young players through.
Barkley is an example of giving one young player stick while he refuses to single out other individuals.
For the first 6 months of last season everybody new Tom DAvies was ready, but Koeman opted to pick the likes of Cleverley and even Gibson (league cup 1st game) ahead of him. It wasent until late december/early january were he had no choice he put him in.
Mason Holgate- some of our best form last season was playing a back 3 of Holgate/Williams/Mori, Holgate got the run around vrs Arnautovic for the first half as stoke decided to target playing the ball between Holgate & Williams, Koeman changed it and hasent used him in a back 3 since (in my opinion a back 3 only works with Holgate in it as it needs someone with pace).
At the earliest point also, Koeman has taken these 2 out of the team at any chance possible (Davies after signing a clutch of midfielders, Holgate after signing Martina/the second Coleman returned/after one poor performance vrs Stoke).

I was listening to a podcast this week were the french guy on it said he was very close to our bench on Sunday, so close he could here the Koeman brothers complaining about Davies "not following instruction", hence the reson they dragged him off despite him being arguably our best player.

The Koeman gives kids a chance statement is a myth, he looks down on them, refuses to praise them and singles them out after mistakes, despite not doing this to senior players.
Any of the kids that make it at everton during Koemans rein at everton will be despite him and because of there excellent midset and ability, not because of him
Good post mate, I agree with most of that. He definitely does signal out younger players for public criticism far more than senior pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.