2017/18 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really makes no sense at all.
The number of young players given a chance by Koeman proves that.
A lot of posters on here have said that Tom Davies form has dipped this season and that is no surprise. The manager is using him carefully giving him some game time but not overloading him. It is better with a young player to wait a little longer until they are ready rather than putting them in too soon. The season is only just started, Kenny has loads of time to get experience and I would prefer to see him brought into a team that is playing better and is more settled than the last few games suggest.

I disagree with the "Tom Davies" form has dipped! Has it dipped more than Schneiderlin's?, than Sigurdsson's? Jagielka's? Williams?
If anything that proves my point, he has came out and said Davies form has dipped, mentioned him by name, he has not mentioned any oof the others.
He has also so far played him at right back, right wing back, right wing, no.10 and maybe played centre mid (his best position) for 1 game. Could that be the reason for his patchy form (which i dont agree with as how can you get any sort of form if you are playing different positions and in and out the starting xi?)

His record of playing the younger players proves that? Why because he played Davies after he had tried 4 other midfielders before him? Or because he gave Holgate a few games at right back because we only had 1 recognised right back at the club? Or DCL as last season our only other back up was Valencia or Kone?

We are all in the same position this year now with Kenny as we were with Davies last year, we all new he was ready, but Koeman dosent trust the younger players

If you hear Koemans comments about kids, he is very quick to always play them down. Not until late in last season when Davies was shining did he start to claim how good he was bringing the young players through.
Barkley is an example of giving one young player stick while he refuses to single out other individuals.
For the first 6 months of last season everybody new Tom DAvies was ready, but Koeman opted to pick the likes of Cleverley and even Gibson (league cup 1st game) ahead of him. It wasent until late december/early january were he had no choice he put him in.
Mason Holgate- some of our best form last season was playing a back 3 of Holgate/Williams/Mori, Holgate got the run around vrs Arnautovic for the first half as stoke decided to target playing the ball between Holgate & Williams, Koeman changed it and hasent used him in a back 3 since (in my opinion a back 3 only works with Holgate in it as it needs someone with pace).
At the earliest point also, Koeman has taken these 2 out of the team at any chance possible (Davies after signing a clutch of midfielders, Holgate after signing Martina/the second Coleman returned/after one poor performance vrs Stoke).

I was listening to a podcast this week were the french guy on it said he was very close to our bench on Sunday, so close he could here the Koeman brothers complaining about Davies "not following instruction", hence the reson they dragged him off despite him being arguably our best player.

The Koeman gives kids a chance statement is a myth, he looks down on them, refuses to praise them and singles them out after mistakes, despite not doing this to senior players.
Any of the kids that make it at everton during Koemans rein at everton will be despite him and because of there excellent midset and ability, not because of him

Koeman was clear after the game that he subbed Davies for tactical reasons to get a goal threat on, not because he was playing poorly. He listed Rooney and Davies as our best players.

Koeman was clear after the game that he subbed Davies for tactical reasons to get a goal threat on, not because he was playing poorly. He listed Rooney and Davies as our best players.

will that says a lot about koemans tactics seeing davies looked like the only one to get us up the pitch near their goal.

I disagree with the "Tom Davies" form has dipped! Has it dipped more than Schneiderlin's?, than Sigurdsson's? Jagielka's? Williams?
If anything that proves my point, he has came out and said Davies form has dipped, mentioned him by name, he has not mentioned any oof the others.
He has also so far played him at right back, right wing back, right wing, no.10 and maybe played centre mid (his best position) for 1 game. Could that be the reason for his patchy form (which i dont agree with as how can you get any sort of form if you are playing different positions and in and out the starting xi?)

His record of playing the younger players proves that? Why because he played Davies after he had tried 4 other midfielders before him? Or because he gave Holgate a few games at right back because we only had 1 recognised right back at the club? Or DCL as last season our only other back up was Valencia or Kone?

We are all in the same position this year now with Kenny as we were with Davies last year, we all new he was ready, but Koeman dosent trust the younger players
How can you say that when he played Holgate, Davies, Lookman and DCL in the team last season. What is he supposed to do, put out the under 23 team in the premiership ?

Young players have dips in form and being left in the team too long can affect form and confidence.

I think the manager has managed the young players really well. I think Kenny will get his chance over time.
I have been reading on here for weeks about all the young players that should be getting first team experience and yet when they go out on loan they show quite clearly they are not ready yet and some never will be.

Yes, a lot of the senior players are struggling to settle with all the new players that have come in and that is the worst time possible to throw inexperienced young lads into the firing line.

Tom Davies will be fine, he needs to be managed carefully, the novelty is gone and he is a first team player, if he is asked to do a particular job for the team he must learn to do so, otherwise he can never improve .

How can you say that when he played Holgate, Davies, Lookman and DCL in the team last season. What is he supposed to do, put out the under 23 team in the premiership ?

Young players have dips in form and being left in the team too long can affect form and confidence.

I think the manager has managed the young players really well. I think Kenny will get his chance over time.
I have been reading on here for weeks about all the young players that should be getting first team experience and yet when they go out on loan they show quite clearly they are not ready yet and some never will be.

Yes, a lot of the senior players are struggling to settle with all the new players that have come in and that is the worst time possible to throw inexperienced young lads into the firing line.

Tom Davies will be fine, he needs to be managed carefully, the novelty is gone and he is a first team player, if he is asked to do a particular job for the team he must learn to do so, otherwise he can never improve .

I do honestly agree in princible with what you are saying mate, along the lines of they need time, you cant throw them into a team that is underperforming, some of them aren't ready etc.
I just think our young kids are doing so well DESPITE Koeman and not because of him.
I think Unsworth has done a fantastic job with them, not just on the pitch but mentally, they all seem "toughened" and prepared to take the stick they may receive if they have a poor performance, or receive critisism off koeman or feel thry havent had a chance.
All this is despite Koeman, he had no other choice last season to play Holgate or Davies, he jibbed lookman despite looking bright away to boro also

Finally. Glad he’s getting a game

But wait.. playing him out of position! What a surprise. Setting him up to fail so as Koeman can enhance his reasons as to why he signed Martina? But ok

He might be setting them both up to fail
Doesn't have to pick them again and can justify not picking them if they do play badly. Hope that's not the case, and I don't think it is but I think he's got it slightly wrong again tonight, would've liked to see Gueye in for Besic and liked to see Holgate along side Williams or Keane, Kenny at RB and give Garbutt a run out cuz Baines definitely needs rested. Still think we'll win that said.

He's played left back plenty of times before but makes it all the harder to seize the opportunity when it's not your proper position.
Dare say he can't be any worse than Baines this season anyway

Lad has it win/win here as I see it:

Plays well, good on him
Plays badly, everyone will be gunning for Ron for playing him out of position.

One of his strengths is bombing down the wing and crossing quickly .... with his right foot. Unsy and the u18 coaches have taught them to use both feet but his left foot is not as good as his right. Hope he plays DCL on the left they have a reasonable understanding , DCL runs into the space Jonjoe delivers. On the other hand Baines needs a rest , our other options were Garbutt or Martina so on that basis I'll take Jonjoe as our left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.