Jonjoe kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Connolly mainly as a left back / centre back, he only seems to have covered right back occasionally, and quite recently.

We are unusual in England in looking at promoting players to the first team as teenagers. Connolly might be a bit like Pennington in that he'll need a few lower league loans to bulk up and learn to play against adults.

I think you are right. It's no big problem for me that he didn't match Davies performance. I think, like Kenny before him if he gets 20+ games on loan next season in league football it will do him some good. I think he needs to bulk out a bit. However with him the biggest thing is a confidence issue. I think with 20+ games infront of a crowd that will soon go.

Two points:

1. That diving header he did in our box was absolutely awesome; thought he was gonna have his head kicked clean off.

2. I know he's right-footed but hasn't Connolly played at LB most of this season in the academy?

connolly is basically a slightly bigger, left sided kenny. both played midfield and centre back up through the age groups but mainly full back.

Shocked by your intolerance for the mentally challenged. Wow.
retard
verb
past tense: retarded; past participle: retarded
rɪˈtɑːd/
  1. delay or hold back in terms of progress or development.
    "his progress was retarded by his limp"
    synonyms: delay, slow down, slow up, hold back, set back, keep back, hold up,postpone, put back, detain, decelerate, put a brake on; More

antonyms: accelerate, expedite
  2. @ilikecheese

It would set back the development of our football club in heightening it's profile within the media - not offensive at all and I do not care for the other meaning of the word that you insinuated in your post.

A few times i thought Redmond was too quick and clever for him then out of nowhere comes a superb slide tackle or block. Really good performance and the energy he showed getting up and down that right wing was impressive.

I've seen Connolly mainly as a left back / centre back, he only seems to have covered right back occasionally, and quite recently.

We are unusual in England in looking at promoting players to the first team as teenagers. Connolly might be a bit like Pennington in that he'll need a few lower league loans to bulk up and learn to play against adults.

I think he will mate. He does everything right but just needs to grow a little which will come from a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.