Jonjoe kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very encouraging cameo from JJK today. He clearly brings more offensively than Mason but, when I've seen him in u23 he still has a way to go defensively not unlike a young Shamus.
Half the team are mentally on the beach already so Watford is a great opportunity to start him at rb and move Mason to the middle. Do it RK.

Held his own today when he came on and tried to get forward and his passes etc even when he sliced one into touch was clapped and appreciated by Lukaku :)

Jonjoe lacks Holgate's height and is less physical than him , but right back is his best position and he's well used to bombing down the wing and crossing, unlike Holgate. He's well worth more game time this season to show what he can do, just needs caution that we don't push too many youngsters into the same team and leave them unfairly exposed.

System we play with us relying on the fullbacks for width - you can't play a cb there, Kenny put arguably the best two crosses in within 3-4 mins of being on and overlapped - showing exactly why he should be playing the rest of the games

..it's only fair to say that Holgate made a couple of brilliant defensive blocks, one of which stopped us going 2 down but the modern RB has to influence at both ends of the pitch. Kenny at least deserves the last few games. Holgate looks a bit lightweight to be CB in a flat back four but I agree with those that suggest he be given a go.

..it's only fair to say that Holgate made a couple of brilliant defensive blocks, one of which stopped us going 2 down but the modern RB has to influence at both ends of the pitch. Kenny at least deserves the last few games. Holgate looks a bit lightweight to be CB in a flat back four but I agree with those that suggest he be given a go.

Thing is whats to lose really, we are playing woeful and getting beat as it is, may as well give the players proper experience in their proper positions.

As for Holgate, i really really rate the lad, but he's being asked to do something in providing width and service via crosses that simply isn't his game, he's a centre back whose maybe a year away from filling out a little and being able to play at that level in this league in his natural position, but asking him to try replicate what Coleman provides the team is madness really

Agree with Holgate being lightweight for a flat back 4. He would be better in the 3 cbs. He struggles in the air at the best of times and I don't think he would cope as of yet.

Thing is whats to lose really, we are playing woeful and getting beat as it is, may as well give the players proper experience in their proper positions.

As for Holgate, i really really rate the lad, but he's being asked to do something in providing width and service via crosses that simply isn't his game, he's a centre back whose maybe a year away from filling out a little and being able to play at that level in this league in his natural position, but asking him to try replicate what Coleman provides the team is madness really

...yep.

TBF he Kenny didn't have to do any defending really.

For me Holgate is best suited as a RCB in a back three at this point in his development.

Wouldn't argue with that tbh, lets face it though, the problem we're having at the moment is we're missing a very good right back in Seamus, so it's not really a surprise that we're struggling to find the right balance out on the right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.