2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
i asked my mate whos a big celtic fan about them buying him yesterday and he said thats highly doubtful and they'll be trying to cut costs in the summer.

Fair enough mate.

I mean we have no idea what the Burnley offer is. It's better he plays football. I think we are starting to see what a buyers market looks like. There is an argument it's better to take say £2m now from Burnley than loan him and have the same problem in the summer.

According to transfermarkt, JonJoe's current market value is £6.3 million, which is probably around what Burnley are offering. It went upto £10m when he was playing for Schalke, scored a few cracking goals and was solid for them. Never got a decent chance with us, only remember him ever having a couple of run of games where he actually got MOTM in one.

The lad is a good player, Burnley a Premier League club are after him. Maybe we shouldn't be asking for £10m but it's clear that we rate him, it's just that Godfrey, Holgate, and Coleman can all play in that position and do a job and they are £20m+ level players.

Ridiculous that he's been loaned out again unless there is a future fee agreed. Otherwise it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than weakening an already paper thin squad.

According to transfermarkt, JonJoe's current market value is £6.3 million, which is probably around what Burnley are offering. It went upto £10m when he was playing for Schalke, scored a few cracking goals and was solid for them. Never got a decent chance with us, only remember him ever having a couple of run of games where he actually got MOTM in one.

The lad is a good player, Burnley a Premier League club are after him. Maybe we shouldn't be asking for £10m but it's clear that we rate him, it's just that Godfrey, Holgate, and Coleman can all play in that position and do a job and they are £20m+ level players.
He played 48 games for us an never looked more than average in any of them and quite crap in a fair few.

And not sure what makes you think we obviously rate him when Carlo has even played the likes of iwobi there ahead of him

He’s joining Celtic for a reason mate.

He played 48 games for us an never looked more than average in any of them and quite crap in a fair few.

And not sure what makes you think we obviously rate him when Carlo has even played the likes of iwobi there ahead of him

We're asking for £10m for him a player whose only averaged 6 appearances per season in the PL since his debut. Otherwise, surely we'd try and just get half and get rid.

Iwobi was played at right-wing back when Kenny was injured from what I remember.

i asked my mate whos a big celtic fan about them buying him yesterday and he said thats highly doubtful and they'll be trying to cut costs in the summer.

Thats the same sort of info i got back myself mate. They have just sold Frimpong for 11m and wont be wanting to spend anywere near what we would want for Jonjoe, especially if a new manager comes along.
Its basically a stop gap until the end of the season

Ridiculous that he's been loaned out again unless there is a future fee agreed. Otherwise it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than weakening an already paper thin squad.

If we want him off our books what better way to run down the contract?

If we want him off our books what better way to run down the contract?

He's on a small wage, loaning him out (unless it's for development purposes which it clearly isnt) serves no purpose. If you can't get a fee then you might just keep him until his deal runs out in case of dire emergency, he's not a rotten apple who just has to be removed ASAP e.g. Sigurdsson, Ozil at Arsenal, Bale at Madrid, etc.

I can't understand why we didn't sell him when he came back from Schalke? Maybe we planned on doing so and the 'rona scuppered it?

I hear kenny is off to celtic on loan .. don't shoot the messenger .. also hot off the press cenk tosun is off to a team in turkey .. unsure which team as of yet.. ITK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.