Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t share the belief that there is a large queue of clubs gagging to sign Kenny. If there is, they won’t be offering a lot of money. 7 million would be great business, but I think it will be around 3 or 4 million.

I would drive him to Germany myself for £7-10 million.

Would negate a large amount that we have lost on FFP due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Add in sales for the likes of Hornby and for me Davies, Keane & Iwobi and we would have enough to invest this summer.

Dont know what Brands is on about.

Would negate a large amount that we have lost on FFP due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Add in sales for the likes of Hornby and for me Davies, Keane & Iwobi and we would have enough to invest this summer.

You would take DCL with him knowing you lol

Sorry if it’s been answered but the loan has now finished, does he come back to us now and is he available rest of season ?

I know we’ve had this discussion before, but much more chance of Bernard going. He was free, only 2yrs left and is on a lot more money Than iwobi.
I wouid add siggurdsson to that list.

Iwobi has 4 yrs left and we wouidnt get our money back this summer, so would be seen as a loss on the books.

As far as I know, Kenny has played every game so far, so he must be doing something right. Probably end staying over in Germany on loan for another season.

Pretty high standard he is playing, loaning is not all about star performances in particular defenders, its about learning your craft as an unit.

And you only have to look at the Holgate threads to have a right snigger at some beaut posts and i'm sure its just coincidence, the similar negativity he received not so long ago...

Carlo said today that they won't talk with JJK until the season's over. Kenny can't come to Everton facilities under the terms of the COVID team quarantine anyway so as a practical matter it would be hard to get anything done now anyway.

Keep him.

We have 3 for 2 spots, right?

Coleman still has it - he was great in the derby - but of course he's older and brittle and will drop off a cliff sometime soon and of course we need more than one RB.

Sidibe can be good going forward but his positional discipline and awareness is so bad, as discussed here frequently. Too inconsistent, too prone to the big mistake. So I think he's the odd man out.

Kenny has been solid on loan. He wouldn't be one of the best in the PL but if we can't afford to upgrade every position there are clearly positions of greater need and he can do a job. He hasn't reached his ceiling yet either. He may never be better than he is now but it's reasonable to think that he has room for growth.

Carlo said today that they won't talk with JJK until the season's over. Kenny can't come to Everton facilities under the terms of the COVID team quarantine anyway so as a practical matter it would be hard to get anything done now anyway.

Keep him.

Coleman still has it - he was great in the derby - but of course he's older and brittle and will drop off a cliff sometime soon and of course we need more than one RB.

Sidibe can be good going forward but his positional discipline and awareness is so bad, as discussed here frequently. Too inconsistent, too prone to the big mistake. So I think he's the odd man out.

Kenny has been solid on loan. He wouldn't be one of the best in the PL but if we can't afford to upgrade every position there are clearly positions of greater need and he can do a job. He hasn't reached his ceiling yet either. He may never be better than he is now but it's reasonable to think that he has room for growth.
I would keep him as a squad player in place of Sidebe. The bulk of transfer budget needs to be spent on a top draw midfielder and a wide player. It looks as though we are close to buying a CB and we may need an understudy LB if Bains leaves. I don’t think there will be the budget for a RB, especially when there is a solution within the Club. The RB upgrade will probably be punted to next summer.

Keep him.

Coleman hadn't had it for Abar 4 years lad. He had a good game in the Derby what 10 games ago against a team who just haven't been arsed at all since the restart because they've already won the league so easily

Coleman is finished and I wouldn't even keep him at the club anymore, part of loser crowd we already have

would keep Kenny better player than some on here make out, right attitude ,right age and will only get better, for the money we would get i would keep him.
only reason I would sell is if Carlo wants a wing back type of player and we have one lined up.

The issue I suppose is the pure profit it generates for FFP. I like Kenny, but if it was £10m on the table it's very hard to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.