2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wagner being in charge makes this make a lot more sense now. He was probably a target for Wagner when he managed Huddersfield

From what I can gather it looks like they have bought him in to be first choice. Can anyone with a better knowledge of German league confirm? Would be brilliant obviously for him to get a full season of senior football under his belt and give Brands a much better look at him to run the rule over him than U23s

From what I can gather it looks like they have bought him in to be first choice. Can anyone with a better knowledge of German league confirm? Would be brilliant obviously for him to get a full season of senior football under his belt and give Brands a much better look at him to run the rule over him than U23s

He's their only actual right-back currently.

do him good this loan, I feel the last 3 years of chopping and changing and really poor form have really affected JJK and Davies.

JJK especially only ever seems to get a game when the team is having a horrendous run of form and people are shocked that a 21 year old RB can't dictate games and be Lucas Digne. Could be the making of him at Schalke, i personally believe he's good enough for us and will get to the required level but game time is needed.

This is a really good move for the player. Time will tell whether its a good move for us. Hopefully he will play well and come back to compete with Coleman or a new full time right back. If we have secured European football that should then create enough games for both players to have adequate games. If he bombs in Germany that is where we might end up stuck with him and miss out on any significant money.

He doesn’t look confident going forward, which this spell in Germany could help bring his confidence on. Great in the tackle, but hopefully he works on his game with this opportunity and comes back a more promising player.
I think his instinct is to get forward, but he wasn't encouraged to do this under Allardyce. He also doesn't have the strength and stamina to get up and down the line like Seamus does, but those things normally come with age and the experience of playing regularly. So when he does get forward at the moment he leaves gaps in behind.

Hopefully these are things that will improve in Germany. Defensively I like him. He has a great leap for a smaller guy and takes up some great defensive positions, especially when defending the back post. His distribution is also very good as is his final ball in the last third. He isn't the quickest, and that may be the one thing that stops him becoming top drawer. I do expect him to have a good career in the Premier though.

It will be interesting to see if he get's much game time in the upcoming euros. He's up against Wan Bissaka who, according to some on here, is the second coming, but JJ has so much more experience at this level and in tournament football.

Status
Not open for further replies.