2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard was never good for us , he was just better than wright etc . He never had games where I said to myself “ wow he saved us” he would save most of the ones you’d expect but never save any others that won you points when we were getting battered etc
Howard was never good for us , he was just better than wright etc . He never had games where I said to myself “ wow he saved us” he would save most of the ones you’d expect but never save any others that won you points when we were getting battered etc
Let’s agree to disagree.

Reported for being off topic by the way.

Sane made most of the right backs look like fools this season.
But not our lid.

There was all this talk about transition through the first half of the season.
Replaced, and rightly so, by a false dawn judgment.

Well last night I saw and felt real and proper hope and substance.
One foundation stone being layed.

I don't care whether he's world class or 1st division 'quality'.
Whether he's got razzle dazzle and silky moves.

I care bc he cares.
I believe bc he believes.

I'd have him represent us, than Wan Bissaka coming in on a fat cheque, any day.
Going by what we've seen so far WB would wilt like the rest of em.
Not JJ, we already know what he's got.
And what that is can't necessarily be bought.

We don't need superstars everywhere on the pitch - this never really works and certainly not transplanting approach into a unique club like ours.
Ours should not be a plastic surgery type of transformation.

Yes, we need something special on the right wing.
But he'll be all the more special for having a player like JJ behind.
This is how good sides come to pass, the superstars rely on the meat and potatoes.

If we had a pure attacking right winger like a prime Ronaldo then Kenny would be ideal behind him for solidity...as it is, weve got Theo.

Yes anyone that's watched him for u18s, u23s and England will tell you he has the ability goin forward to be a threat

100% agree. Looked very good for england youth.

Sane made most of the right backs look like fools this season.
But not our lid.

There was all this talk about transition through the first half of the season.
Replaced, and rightly so, by a false dawn judgment.

Well last night I saw and felt real and proper hope and substance.
One foundation stone being layed.

I don't care whether he's world class or 1st division 'quality'.
Whether he's got razzle dazzle and silky moves.

I care bc he cares.
I believe bc he believes.

I'd have him represent us, than Wan Bissaka coming in on a fat cheque, any day.
Going by what we've seen so far WB would wilt like the rest of em.
Not JJ, we already know what he's got.
And what that is can't necessarily be bought.

We don't need superstars everywhere on the pitch - this never really works and certainly not transplanting approach into a unique club like ours.
Ours should not be a plastic surgery type of transformation.

Yes, we need something special on the right wing.
But he'll be all the more special for having a player like JJ behind.
This is how good sides come to pass, the superstars rely on the meat and potatoes.
It would be very expensive but I can see JJK’s family putting this on his headstone lol

Presumably a decision has been made to move on from Coleman so we're being linked with Meunier the Belgian right back. If those fools that are ruining /running our club think right back is a problem position then they really are more stupid than we ever imagined. In recent games when we've had to watch utter dross from Sigurdsson, Walcott, Gomes to name a few, the only light in these dark days has been the performances of Kenny and Davies. Against City Kenny was excellent. How about we use the money we have to buy 2 centre halves, Zouma and another? Or a replacement for Gueye? What about a number 10?preferably one who has pace, can beat a man, can put a tackle in and doesn't just shrug his shoulders when we get beat. But above all we will need whatever money we have available to pay off Silva and his staff and get a new management team in.

Presumably a decision has been made to move on from Coleman so we're being linked with Meunier the Belgian right back. If those fools that are ruining /running our club think right back is a problem position then they really are more stupid than we ever imagined. In recent games when we've had to watch utter dross from Sigurdsson, Walcott, Gomes to name a few, the only light in these dark days has been the performances of Kenny and Davies. Against City Kenny was excellent. How about we use the money we have to buy 2 centre halves, Zouma and another? Or a replacement for Gueye? What about a number 10?preferably one who has pace, can beat a man, can put a tackle in and doesn't just shrug his shoulders when we get beat. But above all we will need whatever money we have available to pay off Silva and his staff and get a new management team in.
But Right back is one of our biggest issues, Coleman is finished and although Kenny has been better he doesn't look like he'll ever be anything more than a solid backup

Take a chill pill buddy. If someone becomes available who is an improvement then what do you suggest? IMO its good that we are looking right across the team all of the time.

We shouldn't sign someone like Meunier (even if we could) because we have Jonjoe Kenny?

Mate... Come on now...

The boss can buy them all. Meunier is the best rb we can sign.

But Right back is one of our biggest issues, Coleman is finished and although Kenny has been better he doesn't look like he'll ever be anything more than a solid backup
Now, now sagey. Spurs have made players out of Kane and Winks so obviously that means that all of our academy players are going to turn out to be that good despite what we've seen so far.

It's just a matter of time before Kenny, Davies, DCL, Dowell, Baningime, and now Joe Williams all turn out world class. We can't judge them on what they look like at the moment because of how Spurs have successfully developed their players.

Or at least that's what I'm seeing posted every day here.

I don't think RB is a concern at the minute Kenny and Holgate can do a comfortable job but if the opportunity presents itself for a cheap RB upgrade then why not but I wouldn't be too bothered if we didn't bring one in the summer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.