Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to agree. Might not be all bad though - maybe by then some of our other oft-mentioned targets will have waffled on their "no sell" stance by then and the Lescott money could finally get Mout or Defour.

No offence mate but once again, Moutinho is contracted until 2014 at his present club and we aint getting him. I hate having to repeat myself on this but the more i think about it, Moyes must have the same mentallity has many of our fans. He, like our supporters are inclined to pin hopes on one particular player instead of targeting several at a time. All this dithering is the root cause on why we let so many transfer targets slip through the net. Let us prepare ourselves for a panic buy on transfer deadline day.

No offence mate but once again, Moutinho is contracted until 2014 at his present club and we aint getting him. I hate having to repeat myself on this but the more i think about it, Moyes must have the same mentallity has many of our fans. He, like our supporters are inclined to pin hopes on one particular player instead of targeting several at a time. All this dithering is the root cause on why we let so many transfer targets slip through the net. Let us prepare ourselves for a panic buy on transfer deadline day.

Must admit I'm fed up of hearing about Moutinho. If he comes here one day then great, but I can't see it.

Wonder how long City will leave it until their second offer...?

Must admit I'm fed up of hearing about Moutinho. If he comes here one day then great, but I can't see it.

Wonder how long City will leave it until their second offer...?

I think that the first litnus test will come v Rochdale. When Johnson didn't play in the pre-season game, it was clear that we was leaving the club. If Lescott is available and doesnt play, it will be the first real clue that he wants out.

Must sign up my Everton TV tomorrow.

In all honesty, I wasn't really impressed with Lescott last season. He was shocking early on and done just enough to get by for the remainder of the season. Certainly didn't come close to his performances the season before.

But in saying that;

Considering he is 26 (Ferdinand is 30 so every chance regular England starter in future)
Considering he is English (inflated prices/home grown UEFA)
Considering he is settled into our side
Considering he is a defender who has a tendency to get goals
Considering we paid £5m+ for him when he was a Championship player with major doubts over his fitness
Considering Man City are a league rival
Considering Man Citys ridiculous fortune
Considering we would need to sign another left back as well as a centre back.

Proven quality, upcoming English defenders aren't cheap. Leeds paid £18m for Rio Ferdinand when he was at West Ham - Man Utd had to then stump up £30m for Rio Ferdinand when at Leeds. Johnson just signed for Liverpool for £17/£18m...

With all this in mind, an offer below £20m is insulting and should be laughed at. Thinking about it, we should be looking for at least £25m cash. If they don't like it - tell them to go and sign Matthew Upson. We have time on our hands - we could sell him in two or three years for a healthy sum if we wanted.

In all honesty, I wasn't really impressed with Lescott last season. He was shocking early on and done just enough to get by for the remainder of the season. Certainly didn't come close to his performances the season before.

But in saying that;

Considering he is 26 (Ferdinand is 30 so every chance regular England starter in future)
Considering he is English (inflated prices/home grown UEFA)
Considering he is settled into our side
Considering we paid £5m+ for him when he was a Championship player with major doubts over his fitness
Considering Man City are a league rival
Considering Man Citys ridiculous fortune
Considering we would need to sign another left back as well as a centre back.

Proven quality, upcoming English defenders aren't cheap. Leeds paid £18m for Rio Ferdinand when he was at West Ham - Man Utd had to then stump up £30m for Rio Ferdinand when at Leeds. Johnson just signed for Liverpool for £17/£18m...

With all this in mind, an offer below £20m is insulting and should be laughed at. Thinking about it, we should be looking for at least £25m cash. If they don't like it - tell them to go and sign Matthew Upson. We have time on our hands - we could sell him in two or three years for a healthy sum if we wanted.

He scores goals too. Which is probably why Citeh want him. I;m guessing they want an entire team of players that have scored 10 goals in a season haha

City only now want him because they appear to have lost out on John Terry, just like i stated several weeks ago.

Lescott is my girlfriend's favourite player. She's keeps asking me if I've heard any more like every 5 mins!! I CAN'T BARE IT ANYMORE!!! ARGH!!!!!

The fact City have come in for him despite Moyes claiming he doesn't need to sell, and after a couple of weeks negotiation on Jo, during which time Lescott's name would certainly have come up, tells me that City believe they can take him to Eastlands.

Mark my words, somebody somewhere, has given the impression to City that Joleon can be bought.

Now is the time for Moyesie to do what he does so well, which is inflate that price beyond our expectations.

Go for it Moyesie, lad! Make this sale into a big positive for Everton. ;)

The fact City have come in for him despite Moyes claiming he doesn't need to sell, and after a couple of weeks negotiation on Jo, during which time Lescott's name would certainly have come up, tells me that City believe they can take him to Eastlands.

Mark my words, somebody somewhere, has given the impression to City that Joleon can be bought.

Now is the time for Moyesie to do what he does so well, which is inflate that price beyond our expectations.

Go for it Moyesie, lad! Make this sale into a big positive for Everton. ;)

City's bank balance was probably the clincher I think!

City's bank balance was probably the clincher I think!

It's more than that, mate. This has been brewing for a while, and I suspect someone (not Moyes or BK) has been sending signals of intent on the sly to City. Let's just say agents have a funny way of getting their clients what they want.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

It's more than that, mate. This has been brewing for a while, and I suspect someone (not Moyes or BK) has been sending signals of intent on the sly to City. Let's just say agents have a funny way of getting their clients what they want.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Hopefully you're wrong. If I come back on here later tonight and find out we've lost Lescott after losing out on Naughton also I'll be thoroughly pissed off. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.