Johnny Heitinga - "Leaving hurt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet. Gives everyone a voice. Before they were just that idiots that spouted nonsense a few rows in front you during the game, that made the people surrounding him roll thier eyes.

Exactly. Luckily it's easier to block the smooth-brained manlets online than it is in real life, so there's that at least.

I think he was good first season, but maybe opposing mangers found how to play against him, his lack of pace was apparent. I seem to have a memory of him playing terribly in midfield, maybe at Fulham, he was about a minute off the pace of the game and everyone was just walking past him. It's nice that he remembers Everton fondly though.

Fraud. Softest hard man ever

I don’t necessarily disagree with your overall sentiment and a few things certainly immediately spring to mind . I do think to be fair to Heitinga though , of all the honours available in football the category of ‘fraud (softest hard man ever ) would really take some winning .

Definitely wanted to be the "hard man". I remember him basically playing up to it at Ajax and that's why our fans associate him with it.

Can honestly say can't remember him playing too much, but remember the press always coming out with stories of Heitinga being "linked", and some kind of quote. Also remember him having an interview and Phil Neville banging his crutches on the Window.

Can't say i look back fondly, can't say i hold anything against him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.