John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we play a 1-0-9 tonight so that he gets punished in defense on his own.

Just had an email from the club saying about the third shirt being available - absolute joke when there's been no communication on the transfer request.

It's out of everyone's hands now. Stones and his agent made that call and there's no going back on it. If Everton say 'no' that still leaves us with a player who is damaged goods: his allure has been not only his distributive play but also the package of propriety it comes in. That's tarnished forever now. The fans of this club will be merciless about future mistakes made if he stayed and never trusting him or his motives. It's a Rubicon that's been reached here. He's crossed it and that is pretty much that. His value will drop and Everton will get much less further down the line.

It makes no sense at all seeking to keep him now. I just want it done and the cash in motion and being recycled to good effect.

So based on your view of what should happen next, all those fine words from Martinez about building a team for the future, Stones, Barkley, Lukaku are empty platitudes.

Either Martinez believed what he has being saying and has been shafted by the Board or Stones, or Martinez is complicit in the whole deception.

Either way it would be highly unsatisfactory and would speak volumes of a malaise that exists within our club.

The only way Everton can emerge with any credit and credibility is to deny the request. They don't have to go public with the denial they just need to get on with the rest of their transfer business and tell Stones to prepare for Spurs on Saturday.

What's the bets them beauts on Sky spend all of tonight's match coverage talking about Stones?

To be fair, there's a lot more talk about Stones in this thread then there is about the build up to the game in the match thread so you could argue that we're more interested in Stones transfer request than we are about the game. Why should they expect the audience to be any different ?

I hope we play a 1-0-9 tonight so that he gets punished in defense on his own.

Just had an email from the club saying about the third shirt being available - absolute joke when there's been no communication on the transfer request.

They will let Chelsea break it first.

No, the club would look stupid if they commented on every rumour generated by 'Sky sources'. They've made their position more than clear - he is not for sale. Why do they need to reiterate this now?

Just to reinforce it. Nothing wrong with that I don't think. But as mentioned, I do get the plusses of being quiet now.

Which is probably the way i'd go with it.

I can sort of understand the silence now @BlockHead has said those things. Ah well, no point worrying too much, what we think makes literally no difference.

Don't know why everybody is screaming for an announcement. Any announcement could easily be 'Everton accept Stones request.'

Every day that passes without any announcement is a day we haven't accepted it.

Don't know why everybody is screaming for an announcement. Any announcement could easily be 'Everton accept Stones request.'

Every day that passes without any announcement is a day we haven't accepted it.

Could be equally as dangerous not accepting it. Not keen on keeping players who don't want to be here.

Christ, is there actually a way we can win this situation?

I don't see how selling Stones, regardless of a (very late) transfer request, is in the best interests of Everton. We'd be losing a key player and have no hope of replacing him with anyone half as good within the next few days. If he goes, then it would confirm to me that Everton are far more interested in their finances than they are building a formidable team.

We need a small child to write a tear soaked letter to Stones telling him about how he just got a new Everton shirt with Stones on the back and it will break his little heart if he leaves.

Won't make a difference mate, have you read the comments here? He's a judas back stabber etc etc.

Not even a hint of source close to Stones malaky, just a reports of "we can confirm". Ok, who?

That's what I mean exactly. I'm not denying he has put in a transfer request but the club's silence is astounding and ok apart from being completely caught off guard (very possible) and having no plan b, if it isnt true then one PR angle is just to say nothing because to say anything means adding fuel to the media fire frenzy that the media has started itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.